Manager in Training - Scottsdale
Posted on Nov 14, 2018 by Pga Tour Superstore
.OVERALL FUNCTION OF THIS POSITION:
Enter into a Manager in Training program for 6 months to 1 year to reach a salaried leadership status. The essential functions of a Manager are:
- Responsible for ensuring that store operations and service programs are consistently implemented and processes and procedures are executed.
- Responsible for maximizing store sales and profitability by ensuring that all service programs are providing a high level of customer satisfaction and through controlling expenses that are related to operations.
- Accountable for implementing procedures that reduce inventory shrinkage while working on modeling the PGA TOUR Superstore core values. This position is essential to the cultivation of our customers and development of our associates. They accomplish these goals by developing store objectives and leading a team of associates in executing those strategies.
- Must have strong business acumen and a comprehensive knowledge of a retail business, and be able to use this knowledge to formulate goals and objectives. They must also be capable of motivating his/her self and their team to accomplish these goals and objectives.
- Establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers ensuring that customers are greeted and acknowledged: offers customers assistance as needed or requested.
- Provides leadership, direction and advice to staff to promote efficient delivery of sales, services and operational programs. Establishes and communicates company initiatives, goals and objectives, sets clear expectations and measures and monitors progress and results.
- Creates a climate within the store in which staff is motivated to do their best, strong morale and spiriting in his/her team; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; and creates a feeling of belonging within the team.
A. Education: The knowledge, skills, and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a G.E.D. or high school diploma.
B. Experience: Five (5) years of experience in sales, management, and people development preferred.
- Communication: Candidates must have strong listening and interpersonal skills. They must possess good verbal and written communication skills and be able to communicate cross-functionally. Candidates communicate expectations and standards to execute company programs.
- Analytical: Candidates must have strong strategic skills and the ability to effectively forecast business needs and develop comprehensive solutions to complex problems. Candidates must be able to identify opportunities and solutions to increase sales and strengthen operational processes.
- Computer: Candidates must possess basic computer skills with a working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook.
- Organization: Candidates must have the ability to organize multiple priorities to ensure that resources are properly allocated to meet objectives.
- Leadership: Candidates must be able to lead by example and, through daily actions, enforce a high standard of customer service.
D. Physical Requirements: The candidate must be able to stand for extended periods of time, climb up and down a ladder, move throughout the store, and lift a 30 lb. box overhead.
E. Other: The candidate must be able to accommodate a typical retail schedule, work a flexible work week, and work nights, weekends, and holidays. May need to be able to relocate for company needs.
PGA Tour Superstore is an equal employment opportunity employer. We comply with all laws that prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex/gender, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, veteran status, marital status, genetic information, and any other legally protected status. Employment discrimination isn't just unlawful, it violates our policies and is not who we are. Every associate at every level in the organization is prohibited from engaging in any form of discrimination.
An associate who believes s/he is being discriminated against should report it immediately to the Human Resources department. The law and our policies prohibit retaliation against anyone for making such a report.