Sr Engineering Manager - Boulder
Posted on Nov 13, 2018 by Fanatics, Inc.
As Sr. Manager, Engineering, you will lead an engineering team that develops solutions across the tech stack. In this role, we are looking for a high-energy leader with extensive experience in service framework and application development with a full stack understanding. This individual is also expected to operate in agile, high pace and test driven development. Additionally, we expect this leader to collaborate across the tech organization to solve problems and accomplish organizational goals.
- Be a leader in all phases of the Agile software development lifecycle while working with cross-functional team members - Development Leads, Architects, Quality Engineering and Product managers - in a highly collaborative development environment
- Bring a multiplier attitude to leadership. Take responsibility for hiring great talent, coaching them to improve their skillset and grow their careers
- Hands on contribution to the development of our Cloud Commerce Platforms, underlying Infrastructure and Tools. Deliver high quality, robust and scalable code
- Evangelize newly developed best practices, software development techniques, and frameworks with other teams within the organization
- Assess and communicate risks based on complexity, resources and timeline constraints.
- Lead research, evaluation and adoption of emerging technologies.
- Participate in architectural decisions and infrastructure deployment of our Cloud-based platform
- Requires at least 10 years of software development experience and at least 3-5 years of management/lead experience over a software development team
- Proven experience managing an engineering teams, including individuals in leadership roles in a high paced environments
- Proven experience working with Agile development methodologies
- Ability to scale and lead multiple, major projects and ensure they are delivered on time according to project schedules
- Requires in-depth knowledge of software development lifecycles and their utilization in software projects
- Requires knowledge of open source application frameworks and RESTful services
- Requires solid communication and interpersonal skills; with the ability to work constructively in a collaborative team environment
- Requires knowledge of build tools and source controls
- Experience leading teams through technical conversions
- Prior experience in eCommerce and payments industry a plus
- Hands-on experience in the Cloud; specifically AWS a plus
- Hands-on experience with Open-Source projects a plus