Global Legal Entity Record To Report Team Project
Posted on Nov 16, 2018 by Nike
The Nike, Inc. Finance, Strategic Planning and Procurement teams play a key role in fueling the growth of Nike, Inc. Finance identifies opportunities and catalyzes action to drive value for every Nike shareholder. Strategic Planning helps write the future of the business by charting Nike's path forward. Nike Procurement maximizes the value of the company's investments in external resources and secures the best supplier relationships to drive business success. Across Nike's diverse geographies and businesses, the teams' unwavering commitment to excellence keeps the company one step ahead of the competition.
As Nike's Global LER2R Project Manager, you will be a key member of Nike's Global Legal Entity Record to Report Controlling team primarily serving as the lead for various cross-functional projects, special projects and execution of strategic initiatives.
Key accountabilities include:
- Understand Nike's complex operational and legal structure.
- Engage in and assess the individual legal entity and consolidated financial statement impacts (including performance management and SEC reporting) of various complex multinational transactions, working closely with a cross-functional team of representatives from operating units, Corporate Tax, Treasury, Legal, External Reporting and Global Value Streams.
- Lead evaluation and execution of M&A activities for Controlling in partnership with Finance and Strategy functions, IT, Legal and HR
- Collaborate with Corporate Tax, Treasury and Legal to execute legal entity additions, divestitures and other changes
- Partner with Capital Structure and Technical Accounting teams to research and provide guidance on complex corporate transactions
- Lead various controlling transformation projects
- Partner with Global Value Streams and legal entity owners to evaluate and execute solutions for new business initiatives
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
- A minimum of 7 years of experience in accounting, finance, or related role
- Prior experience in a large multinational organization strongly preferred
- Public accounting experience and a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) is strongly preferred
- Strong foundation of accounting and US GAAP including understanding of performance management and SEC reporting requirements
- Strong project management skills and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong self-motivator with ability to create and deliver solutions despite obstacles or ambiguity
- High standards for quality and attention to detail
- Experience with SAP required, and BPC preferred
- Effective verbal and written communication skills including technical accounting guidance
- MS Office and advanced Excel skills
- Ability to clearly articulate policies and instructions
- Ability to share ideas and influence decisions
- Ability to work independently and in a diverse group
- Ability to network and utilize internal and external resources
- Ability to exercise a high degree of professionalism and confidentiality
- Ability to pass a 7-year background investigation