Association Director of Aquatics
Posted on Nov 20, 2018 by YMCA
Incredible opportunity! Advance your career in a Y that is growing, mission driven, and treats staff as its most important asset!
Arlington-Mansfield Area YMCA
Take the next step in your career with this incredibly rewarding opportunity! If you value an organization that is mission driven, poised to grow significantly and treats staff as its most valuable asset, the Arlington Mansfield YMCA may be for you!
The Arlington-Mansfield Area YMCA is looking for an enthusiastic, highly motivated individual to join our team as the Association Director of Aquatics. Our YMCA association is located in the center of the Dallas/Ft. Worth Metroplex and offers affordable cost of living, great entertainment, and many other exciting opportunities for individuals and families.
The Arlington-Mansfield Area YMCA has great benefits for full-time staff members including the following.
- 100% employee medical, dental, and vision insurance paid for by the AMA YMCA
- 12% retirement paid by the AMA YMCA
- Free YMCA membership and programs including school-age services and camps
- Generous PTO/Vacation plan
- Life insurance, short-term disability and long-term disability
- YPN Prime membership paid by the AMA YMCA
- Free Costco membership for your family paid for by the AMA YMCA
- Free subscription to "Right Now Media" to enhance your professional and personal growth
- Employee Assistance Program
- Educational Reimbursement opportunities
- Training & YUSA certification opportunities
- Relocation assistance
- World Service/Diversity & Inclusion opportunities
- Leadership retreats/trips
The Arlington-Mansfield Area YMCA has 3 YMCA branches, currently serves approximately 7,700 membership units, and operates 1 year-round indoor swimming pool and 1 seasonal outdoor swimming pool, with immediate plans to incorporate backyard and apartment swim lessons throughout the Arlington-Mansfield and surrounding areas. The AMA YMCA currently teaches life-saving swim lessons to almost 3,000 children and adults in the community, as well as encompasses over 100 youth on Swim Team. With the addition of backyard lessons and apartment lessons in 2019, we expect these numbers to grow significantly.
The Association Director of Aquatics, reporting directly to the Senior Executive Director, is primarily responsible for leading all aspects of aquatics for the association, as well as delivering a safe and fun environment for YMCA members. Substantial experience in the areas of staff hiring and supervision, aquatics programming, lifeguard and swim instructor training and development, fiscal management, and community involvement are essential for success. He/She is responsible for strategic development, budgeting, operations, safety, property care, and staff development. The Association Director of Aquatics will have the skills and experiences necessary to establish a culture of quality and service in an effort to meet and exceed the goals and objectives set forth in the strategic plan. The successful candidate will model the behavioral values established by the Association and will have a passion and enthusiasm for the mission of the Y.
- Bachelor's degree in Sports Management/Recreation/Health Sciences or related field preferred
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in aquatics program development, pool management and administration with proven success in leading others and developing quality, safe programs.
- YMCA Team Leader or Multi-Team/Branch Leader certification preferred.
- Hold current certification in (or ability to obtain upon hire) YMCA Lifeguard/Lifeguard Instructor/Lifeguard Instructor Trainer, YMCA Swim Lesson Instructor, CPO, CPR, First Aid, AED, and Oxygen Administration.
- Fiscal management; staff management/supervision and development; and volunteer development.
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment to achieve results.
- Experienced in leading successful annual campaign strategies.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills. (oral and written)
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Proven record of successful operation management.
- Possess superior people management and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to think conceptually, analyze and solve problems, and demonstrate assertiveness to manage the scope and diversity of the responsibilities.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook and other computer programs necessary to perform the duties of the job.
- Must be able to work effectively with a diversity of people, different backgrounds, abilities, opinions and all ages. Interacts regularly with members, volunteers, staff and other community leaders.
- Serves as the expert in Aquatic program development and leads and supervises aquatic program activities to meet the needs of the community and fulfill YMCA objectives.
- Responsible for daily pool operations and compliance to all state, local, and YMCA health standards and safety regulations.
- Develops and implements quality control measures to ensure delivery of quality programs.
- Establishes new program activities and expands program within the community in accordance with strategic and operational plans.
- Develops and grows community relationships to maximize collaborative efforts and grow YMCA aquatics efforts in the Arlington, Mansfield and surrounding communities.
- Recruits, trains, supervises, evaluates, coaches and develops all aquatics staff.
- Develops strategies to motivate staff and achieve goals.
- Manages aquatics staff schedules and payroll ensuring efficient use of resources occurs within programs.
- Conducts and ensures proper maintenance of pools and maintains accurate records for pool operations and staff certifications.
- Responds to member and participant concerns in a timely manner, ensuring a positive program experience for members and participants.
- Creates and implements association aquatics measurement strategies and tools, ensuring quality and safety expectations are met.
- Develops and controls association aquatics budget so that resources are devoted to strategic objectives.
- Serves as association CPO
- Serves in a key leadership role for the Arlington-Mansfield Area YMCA's Annual Support Campaign and achieve assigned Annual Support Campaign goals
- Works with volunteer committees for successful operations.
- Establishes and maintains appropriate working relationships with staff, volunteers, community leaders and organizations.
- Represents and promotes the AMA YMCA in the local community and develops positive working relationships with other organizations, businesses, and governmental entities. Develops and maintains collaborative relationships with community agencies in service delivery area.
Cause-Driven Leadership® Competencies
- Mission Advancement
- Developing Others
- Operational Effectiveness
CPR PRO, First Aid, Oxygen Administration, Lifeguard Instructor/Instructor Trainer, Swim Instructor Trainer, CPO
$50,000.00 - $65,000.00
How to Apply
Apply by Email
Resumes Accepted Until
Acclaim Physician Group