Assoc Product Mgr
Posted on Nov 17, 2018 by ESPN
The Associate Product Manager working on the ESPN App will lead the product vision and execution of features within the ESPN App on iOS and Android. This role is part of the ESPN Product Management team within ESPN Technology and will be dedicated to giving ESPN users a delightful, satisfying, and personalized experience browsing scores, reading news, watching highlights, and streaming games on their phones and tablets.
The right candidate must be able to set and articulate a strong product vision that aligns with business objectives, and execute the plan to deliver the highest quality native app experiences in the industry, in partnership with Engineering, Design, Editorial, Marketing, and Sales.
The candidate must be self-motivated and possess a strong data-driven mindset and have direct product management experience working on consumer-facing products and mobile applications.
The role is based in ESPN's headquarters in Bristol, CT.
- Contribute to the product vision for specific ESPN App features and improvements, partnering with Engineering, Design, Editorial, Business, and other Product teams to deliver engaging experiences across the ESPN App on all native platforms.
- Contribute to the roadmap definition and execute on the development of those features and improvements, through an agile software development lifecycle, across multiple platforms concurrently.
- Write and communicate product requirements effectively to developers, designers, and stakeholders.
- Work closely with development teams on a daily basis to build and deliver features in the ESPN App.
- Collect and analyze data to understand behavioral patterns of our users and use that insight to improve fan experiences and increase engagement on the platform.
- Balance the priorities of a diverse group of stakeholders, while still delivering high quality products in consistent releases.
- Provide transparency and recommendations on project trade-offs, understanding and coordinating dependencies across multiple teams with competing priorities.
- Facilitate the ideation and development of new features and functionality around ESPN's consumer facing products.
- Translate strategy and product vision into project deliverables with launch targets.
- 1 years of professional experience in a consumer-oriented digital media company with direct Product Management experience.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge driving product development, preferably on streaming media or content-heavy apps with dynamic data ingestion in a consumer-facing product.
- Demonstrated proficiency in A|B testing, data analysis and analytical thinking, preferably with experience in Omniture, Localytics, Optimizely, or other similar tools.
- High level of comfort communicating with executives inside and outside of ESPN, including strategic partners.
- Familiarity and passion for app development on native platforms (iOS/Android).
- High energy and capable of multi-tasking and context-switching with ease, in a fast-paced and ever-evolving organization.
- Ability to operate effectively in a team-oriented and collaborative environment.
- Experience with Agile product development.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to work cross organizationally.
- Process-driven and extremely detail-oriented.
- Passionate sports fan and regular user of ESPN products and services, and loves streaming sports.
- Experience using Omniture, Localytics, Optimizely, or other similar software.
- Experience managing product requirements and release deliverables in JIRA.
- Familiarity with App Store Connect and Google Play app submissions.
- Experience working with large, cross-functional development teams.
- Bachelor's Degree
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That's because we're always finding new ways to interact with fans - however and wherever they connect with sports. Every day we're doing things that no one has done, all in a dynamic culture where we defy odds and continuously outdo ourselves. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Internet Ventures, which is part of a business segment we call ESPN.
ESPN Internet Ventures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.