Full Stack Software Engineer
Posted on Nov 14, 2018 by Equinox
We are looking for Full-Stack Software Engineer to join our Consumer Technologyteam located onsite at our NYC Corporate Office. You will develop highly impactful consumer facing products using cutting-edge technologies in a full-stack capacity.
Candidates should love what they do, be flexible and communicative, and relish learning new things.
- Work within a pod of engineers across application development teams for the Consumer Technology team, including web, mobile, and core services.
- Exemplify dedication, contribute elegant code, and demonstrate openness to find the best technical solution, while collaborating effectively in your team as well as across the organization
- Enforce coding standards through design, architectural, and peer reviews, test driven development, and automated workflows via CI/CD processes
- Play an integral role in the SDLC to building software that aligns with an ever-evolving architectural vision.
- Ensure up-to-date documentation for systems, applications, and procedures
- Partner with development operations to continue developing a highly functional set of development tools in what will become a continuously deployed environment
- 5+ years of software engineering experience
- Strong experience in architecting and coding in Python; familiarity with Node.js, Golang, Java, or .Net a plus
- Strong skills in architecting enterprise level, scalable solutions
- A proven track record of practical problem solving and strong communication
- Familiarity with modern front-end technologies and JS frameworks (ex: React)
- Comfort with standard web technologies; HTML5, CSS
- Expert level experience working with RESTful APIs
- Strong understanding of AWS, specifically EC2, RDS, SQS, SNS, S3, Lambda
- Experience utilizing modern caching via CDN as well as ElastiCache and Redis or Memcached
- Support and knowledge of agile development practices
- An understanding of containerization concepts and orchestration toolsets
- Strong knowledge working with relational,non-relational, and document-based data stores
- A passion for growing teams, finding creative solutions, and building killer products
- An understanding of mobile development languages and frameworks
- Experience with PCI and GDPR compliance
- Experience evaluating and improving legacy systems
- Hands-on experience with standard and headless content management systems
- A love of fitness, technology, and making an impact!
AS A MEMBER OF THE EQUINOX TEAM YOU WILL RECEIVE:
- We offer competitive salary, benefits and industry leading commission opportunities for club employees
- Complimentary Club membership
- 30- 50% discounts on all Equinox products and services including Personal Training, Private Pilates, Spa and Cafe' services and Shop items
Equinox is an equal opportunity employer. For more information regarding our career opportunities, please visit one of our clubs or our website at and
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Must have a legal right to work in the United States.