Bus. Intelligence Analyst-Prod. Creation Capabilit
Posted on Nov 14, 2018 by Nike
For Nike, Inc. merchants, everything begins and ends with the consumer. The Nike Merchandising team understands consumer needs and market capacity to create the right product mix for marketplaces around the world. From stores to online, this team helps bring the seasonal category visions to life. The Merchandising team has the unique ability to see beyond trends to identify what's next to deliver the right product to the right places at the right time and price.
Nike is fundamentally changing the way it does business. The speed and complexity of our business requires a new level of fact-based decision making. We are looking for a creative problem solver who thrives in ambiguity, loves a challenge, and can straddle the fine line between builder and storyteller. If you are passionate about working with data, have a strong blend of technical expertise and business acumen, and want to join an expanding movement to level-up data-driven decision making at Nike, we encourage you to apply.
As an Analyst for GPMA (Global Product & Merchandising Analytics) you will unlock new and transformational insights for our Product, Design, Development and Merchandising teams as they deliver innovative products to our consumers. You'll be at the ground level in helping to prove out the value of analytical thinking and will help strengthen Nike's foundation of using product, marketplace and consumer data to make better decisions. You will translate optimization results, social media data, membership and digital data into actionable insights, dashboards, and reports.
You must be a self-starter, flexible thinker, proactive, and a good communicator who is comfortable with ambiguity. You must love solving logical puzzles, be comfortable with big data sets, and have a proven ability to connect the dots between different workstreams. Your ability to develop personal relationships, build trust, and embrace the balance of art and science will set you apart as you join Nike's analytics awakening.Key
- Support product owner in gathering business requirements & translating them into technical specs
- Wireframe, pilot & scale advanced dashboards per business requirements
- Help build trust in the numbers by becoming an expert in what's happening in the back end (both ETL and UI) and translating that into consumable messaging
- Address end-user questions related to dashboard logic
- Collaborate with data engineers to optimize and maintain dashboard performance
- Address ad-hoc requests for data where appropriate
- Demonstrated history as a committed and collaborative team player
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Economics, Stats, Technology or a related field (MS preferred)
- 3-5 years of experience working with data, reporting, planning, or analytics
- Ability to translate complex data in to digestible visualizations
- Strong technical reporting and analytical skills with a demonstrated ability to learn new tools (Tableau, PowerBI, etc). Proficient in data acquisition and wrangling. Familiarity with ETL processes and relational databases.
- Strong problem-solving skills with a proven ability to thrive in ambiguity
- Self-starter with an ability to support multiple workstreams across different functions while managing competing priorities