Sr Direct Digital Business Mgr-Mexico & Pacific
Posted on Nov 17, 2018 by Nike
Nike, Inc. Retail Corporate is the backbone to stores around the world. A global network of teams - Finance, Human Resources, Talent Development, Marketing, Merchandising, Real Estate and Strategic Planning - direct the daily operations of Nike.com and the hundreds of Nike Stores and Nike Factory Stores. Retail Corporate teams share the same passion and energy for the brand as their in-store teammates, and it shows: Retail continues to be one of Nike's top areas of growth.
As the Senior Nike Direct Digital Commerce Business Manager for the Mexico and Pacific Territories in APLA (Asia Pacific / Latin America), you'll join a team to build, integrate, and accelerate digital business for Nike in two key Territories. In this WHQ based role, you will be responsible for setting the vision and strategy and then executing the offense to elevate and evolve the existing Digital Operating Model to best serve members and consumers. You will play a key role on an integrated digital offense in partnership with digital experts across Brand, Merchandising, Site Operations and Digital Product in Global, APLA and EMEA -coming together to drive a shared digital agenda, aligned business outcomes, and elevated ability to read and react in the marketplace.
- Be the primary lead and contact person to all partners and stakeholders for the NDDC (Nike Direct Digital Commerce) business in Mexico and Pacific.
- Create and drive Digital business strategy in conjunction with Geo and Territory leadership, and project manage transition of Digital Business Operating Model
- Drive Territory Digital business outcomes through coordination with key cross-functional partners as virtual team
- Set & deliver Digital business targets for the Territories, in alignment with the shared goals/KPIs of the Nike's Integrated Digital strategy across EMEA and APLA
- Drive go-to-market plans in conjunction with EMEA-based operating team and broader virtual team (product launch plans, campaigns, etc); drives key business milestones within existing corporate processes (Corporate Strategic Review, Annual Operating Plans, Quarterly Business Reviews)
- Liaise with Global and Geo Digital Product teams to align & integrate Digital product strategy with Digital business goals
- Serve as Digital business expert on Territory leadership teams-communicating Digital business results, trends, opportunities, and building Digital fluency
- Ensure development and handoff of Global and Geo strategies and tools for Territory adoption or adaptation
- Partner with key stakeholders to build and execute Digital business plans around key retail moments (Category-specific or Cross-Category)
- Execute the Strategic and Annual Plan of the Territory with regard to the Digital business, in partnership with teams across the Global Store offense
- Closely cooperate with EMEA and APLA Merchandising and Brand Teams to ensure we del
- Ensure all needed projects are well prepared and presented for Store Approval Meeting. Collect all the data and present them in an accurate and timely manner. Cooperate with Finance to define the P&L to submit to the SAM.
- Manage and constantly assess the existing portfolio of stores and partners (store openings, store closings, new/terminate franchise contracts, new locations) in order to improve the Productivity and Profitability of the NSP Business in the territory.
- Find potential locations and evaluate them both strategically and financially. Provide qualitative and commercial benchmarks. Negotiate rents, terms and conditions with landlords.
- Solicit, monitor and respond to partner feedback by working across functions
- Own the partner assessment process
- Supervise new contract preparation and renewals and negotiate contract terms
- Work with the NSP GM and partners to build 1-3 year strategies for the fleet and partners
- Assist retail planners and merchandisers in communicating seasonal assortments to partners and relay feedback on assortments back to merchandising and planning
- Bachelor's degree in Business or equivalent
- Functional competencies: Retail P&L ownership; Business Analysis and Quantitative Skills: Use factual information to make decisions and ensure profitability. Approach problems and business situations methodically and analytically
- Minimum 4 yearsof directly relevant experience in the following functions: digital commerce, merchandising, brand marketing, strategy, digital products & experiences, and/or general management
- Experience with digital or physical retail, and/or digital platforms is preferred
- Proven competency with consumer orientation and marketplace management
- Strong ability to entrepreneurially develop high profile, influential and collaborative relationships across teams, functions and layers to drive results, preferably in a matrixed environment
- Proven ability to set and execute groundbreaking strategies endorsed by senior leadership teams
- Excellent ability in Excel and PowerPoint
- Results Oriented and Proactive; Organized and Planned
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize and take action against business results, trends, and opportunities