Sr Finance Analyst - Global Foreign Exchange
Posted on Nov 16, 2018 by Nike
Today, the opportunities for growth across Nike, Inc.'s business portfolio offer more potential than ever. Nike Finance employees play a key role in that progress by identifying and capitalizing on opportunities to drive value for every Nike shareholder. They manage accounting and reporting for Nike's multi-billion-dollar global investment portfolio, debt and equity instruments, and other Treasury activities. They strategize, forecast, audit, analyze, budget, research and lead important decisions. Across Nike's diverse geographies and businesses, Finance employees deliver far more than just the numbers.
As our Senior Financial Analyst, you'll implement, administer, and provide oversight of NIKE Brand and Category financial management reporting processes and deliverables. You'll serve as an advisor to business leaders and other team members and determine the best way to access and report required information using a variety of systems and tools. You'll prepare timely and accurate reports and insightful analysis of pertinent information to track progress against near and long term plans for the NIKE Brand and Global Category portfolio. You'll perform and oversee information validation to ensure data quality for use in analysis and decision-making processes.
You'll also track and report cost center expenses for Global Brand cost centers, prepare and load cost center forecasts and budgets, and process journal entries and budget transfers. You'll manage Brand Finance reporting projects and track progress. You'll also serve as liaison and representative for Global Brand Finance in other finance projects and work streams. You'll advise and train business managers on the various metrics and tools used to measure business progress. In addition, you'll work with Corporate and Regional Planning teams to ensure the integrity of management reporting statements and adherence to reporting standards. You will also oversee work of one Financial Analyst although will not have managerial responsibilities. You will manage projects and serve as liaison with IT organization.
Requirements for the position:
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Business or a closely related field
- 5 years' experience in financial analysis, financial/strategic planning, accounting and/or budgeting
- 2 years' additional experience in lieu of a degree
- MBA in Finance, Economics or a related field is preferred
- CPA or CMA certification is preferred
- Experience working for a Fortune 500/multinational consumer products company or national public accounting firm is a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to create reports and presentations for senior leadership
- Demonstrated ability to complete quantitative and qualitative analysis and to run financial models
- Proven experience in effectively working with senior leadership
- Experience leading projects and people
- Strong cross team collaboration
- Advanced level proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Cognos, SAP and SAP BW desired;
- Ability to pass a 7 year background check