Day Camp Program Director
Posted on Nov 14, 2018 by YMCA
Would you like to use your knowledge and skills to give kids the best summer ever?
Mel Korum Family YMCA
Would you like to share your passion for youth development? Would you like to use your knowledge and skills to give kids the best summer ever? As the youth program director overseeing day camp, you will build relationships, instill confidence, and provide opportunities for growth and improvement by planning, coordinating and implementing summer day camp, winter and spring break camps, and school year programs. Through your leadership, instruction, and motivation you will ensure members and program participants experience high quality programs that build strong youth and families.
As a full time employee, you will receive a medical/dental/vision benefits package, retirement savings plan, Employee Assistance Plan (EAP), life and long term disability benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO), Extended Leave Plan (ELP), and a family membership to the YMCA of Pierce and Kitsap Counties.
Are you a good fit?
- I have a Bachelor's degree and/or two years related knowledge and experience.
- I have experience in supervision, fiscal management, program development, staff and volunteer development.
- I have experience working resident camp or day camps. (Preferred)
- I have knowledge of various sports, games and activities, rules and regulations and the ability to teach youth and young adults.
- I have demonstrated skills in customer service, public relations, organizational skills, communications, supervision, computer knowledge, and file maintenance.
- I have current Lifeguard, CPR for the Professional Rescuer, AED, First Aid, and Oxygen certifications.
If hired for this position, you will be responsible for assisting in the planning of curriculum and coordinating class schedules with other staff and programs to enhance participation levels and meet the goals and objectives of the youth department. You will recruit, hire, train, develop, schedule, and direct staff and volunteers to ensure a successful program. You will also meet performance measurement through annual giving, major gifts, and/or endowment by telling the Y story and raising charitable dollars to fulfill our mission.
How to Apply
Opens a new window
Resumes Accepted Until