Sr Demand Planner
Posted on Nov 16, 2018 by Columbia Sportswear
Within this role you'll spend three days per week collaborating with sales and marketing at the Sorel office in downtown Portland. From this location you'll gain visibility to product, sourcing, retail and operations teams. Two days each week will be spent in communication with varied Columbia Sportswear Demand Planning colleagues at Columbia Sportswear's headquarters on Science Park Drive.
- Create seasonal and monthly demand forecasts at style-color-size level for specific product categories per strategic category revenue goals, market conditions and opportunities, advertising plans, customer bookings and sell-through, channel strategies, account door profiles and growth plans.
- Support seasonal go-to-market line development process by creating initial style level forecasts in collaboration with Sales and Merchandising. Support line planning, SKU management, and long-range material planning by creating seasonal full-price forecasts at the style and style-color-size level.
- Create monthly demand flow based on historical shipment flow and aligned to target. Review FOD flow and make recommendations to support market demand and reduce inventory risk.
- Provide on-going reconciliation of the bottoms up style forecasts to the tops down financial targets throughout the go-to market process for wholesale and direct to consumer channels.
- Lead the collaborative, consensus forecast process with Sales and Merchandising during formal Demand Plan Review meetings.
- Determine and communicate forecast confidence, including risks and opportunities, to the Supply Planners. Provide input to Supply Planners at style-color level, to reduce buy risk during pre-build period. Monitor demand vs supply plan to ensure coverage and inventory targets are met.
- Utilize Forecast Accuracy results and apply learnings to future style forecasts. Complete color analysis and apply learnings to future color forecasts.
- Take a leadership role in providing in-depth analysis and seasonal recaps to Sales and Merchandising, to inform future line plans and strategies.
- Participate in cross functional task forces to improve systems and business processes.
- Take initiative to provide in-depth analysis for key stakeholders that informs business decisions and improves supply chain operations.
- Understand, explain and track anomalies that affect the demand curves and category forecasts.
- Responsible for providing training or leadership for team members and may assist with the planning and assigning of personnel to projects or tasks.
- Bachelor's degree, applicable certification or background and experience related to Retail planning
- 5+ years of professional wholesale/retail industry experience with specialized knowledge of related standards/practices and initiatives
- Advanced knowledge within the Demand Planning function and related Supply Chain areas.
- Superior forecasting skills.
- Experience in key supply chain functions including planning, forecasting, supply planning, buying, materials planning, inbound and outbound logistics, and distribution.
- Experience using information systems associated with demand and supply planning.
- Significant experience using Microsoft Excel to create spreadsheets, charts and pivot tables; proficiency with functions such as sum if, vlookup, etc.
- Experience using SAP and Cognos BI preferred
- The ability to present to groups of varying sizes and levels within the company.
This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities, but constitutes a general definition of the position's scope and function in the company.
EEO/AA Employer/Vets/Disabled/Race/Ethnicity/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Age