Channel Marketplace Analyst
Posted on Nov 14, 2018 by Nike
The Nike, Inc. Supply Chain team is the engine that propels product around the world. Supply Chain experts ensure that every year, almost a billion units of footwear, apparel and equipment arrive at the right place, at the right time. To ensure this complex job goes off without a hitch, Supply Chain teams work with a network of more than 50 distribution centers, thousands of accountants, and more than 100,000 retail stores worldwide - making the impossible happen every single day.
As our Asia Pacific Latin America (APLA) Demand and Supply Management (DSM) Channel Marketplace Analyst, you will collaborate with multiple Channel cross functional partners; Sales, Merchandising, Brand, IBP and DSM, to drive Channel health and performance in the marketplace.
You will deliver Marketplace Channel insights and develop interactive dashboards , directly leading to the accomplishment of annual goals. You will be responsible for developing weekly and post season channel reporting, providing insights and analysis to anticipate trends and identify potential opportunities and/or risks. You will support the APLA Channel Cross Functional leaders to help drive insights and will be the point person on understanding the business to drive action.
You must be a proactive self-starter, flexible thinker and outstanding communicator who is comfortable learning quickly and connecting the dots between disparate methodologies. You will need those skills as you work across multiple functions and Territories within APLA's matrixed organization, in addition to working with Global. Success will depend on your ability to quickly form both professional and personal relationships with colleagues and drive to rigorous, actionable, user-friendly deliverables.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Economics, Marketing, Statistics, or a related field (an additional 2 years of experience in lieu of a degree). MS/MBA preferred.
- Minimum 4 years of relevant professional experience with an emphasis on business reporting and analytics required.
- Strong technical and analytical skillset required. Proficient in data wrangling and cleansing, optimization, simulation, and statistical analysis.
- Proven ability to sift through data, identify critical information, develop hypotheses, apply relevant techniques, and perform rigorous analyses quickly and consistently.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, and ability to communicate complex concepts to senior and business audiences.
- Affinity for business reporting, analysis, and working with large amounts of data required.
- Demonstrated ability to use data to influence decision making.
Familiarity with Nike product types and how they are marketed and distributed to accounts is strongly preferred.
- Proficiency with reporting solutions such as Tableau and Cognos is preferred.
- Experience in Retail/Business Planning is preferred.