Grants and Contract Manager
Posted on Nov 14, 2018 by YMCA
The YMCA is searching for a Grants and Contract Manager for it's Youth and Family Services location in Loudoun County.
YMCA of Loudoun County
Position : Grants and Contract Manager
Location: YMCA Youth & Family Services
Salary: $48,080.00 - $59,900.00
Basic Function and Scope of Responsibility:
- Responsible for overseeing all initiatives in grant development for the branch.
- Responsible for working with staff to gain insight into specific needs and gathering local data and information to formulate grant proposals on behalf of the branch.
- Manages/supports the branch grant funding development plan in accordance and collaboration with the YMCA's overall strategic plan.
Education, Certification, Skills, and Experience:
- Bachelor's or Graduate Degree in Accounting, Business Administration or a related field
- Three years' experience in grant proposal writing, tracking, monitoring and fundraising
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint)
- Strong interpersonal skills.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform prospect research on similar nonprofit organizations, foundations and corporations to evaluate prospects for corporate and foundation philanthropic grants
- Assumes the primary leadership role in the development and implementation of the branch grant development plan
- Attends appropriate community events or is a member of appropriate community task forces, advocacy groups and civic associations to promote the YMCA
- Responsible for conducting the full range of activities required to prepare, submit, and manage proposals to philanthropic foundation and corporate sources in a timely and accurate manner, effectively communicating Youth & Family Services' multifaceted mission.
- Coordinates with members of the programming, finance, accounting, and marketing staffs to prepare program descriptions, budgets and other materials as required for proposals and reports
- Collaborates with Program Evaluation Coordinator to research supporting evidence, local data, and evidenced-based program models to in grant and contract proposals.
- Guides and solicits written narratives from program staff to gain insight and development program narratives that accurately depict intended services and outcomes.
- Prepares and provides templates for proposal budgets in collaboration with the Associate Executive Director and the Service Area Directors
Our benefits for you: In addition to a highly competitive salary package, the YMCA of Metropolitan Washington provides progressive employee benefits, including a 10% employer-funded retirement plan with vesting after two years of service; 403(b) savings plan; high quality and affordable healthcare; free YMCA membership for employee, spouse and dependents; generous paid time off package, numerous professional development opportunities, an exciting and collaborative work environment, and the ability to work with creative, talented and diverse individuals!
The YMCA of Metropolitan Washington is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
$48,080.00 - $56,900.00
How to Apply
Opens a new window