Wholesale Digital Imaging Spec
Posted on Nov 17, 2018 by Fanatics, Inc.
Who We Are:
The Product Content Creation Team is an integral part of Fanatics. We're committed to creating the best customer experience through delivering and maintaining high-quality product content for the fan. Our team collaborates daily with Merchandising, Marketing, Tech and Business Management teams. We take pride in creating a fun, casual and supportive environment. We are for fans, by fans and strive to maintain the highest standards across the different phases of our product cycles.
About your team:
As a digital imaging assistant you will be responsible for packaging all product images from our photography team to prepare them for outsourcing. This role is highly technical, as images need to not only be organized in a very specific way, but also meet strict standards. As a digital imaging assistant you will be collaborating with the photo department on a regular basis, as well as other creative teams.
Your responsibilities include:
- digitally manipulating and organizing images in preparation for image outsourcing.
- compiling product data and entering it into our internal software system.
- coordinating with photographers to ensure all images are present for the product.
- Reviewing all images for usability and basic correctness.
- meeting all goal deadlines.
- Light image retouching as needed including manipulating photos to achieve high quality images
- keeping current with the latest image editing technologies.
- coordinating with other teams to ensure goals are met.
- various image related responsibilities as needed.
You're a Fanatic because you're:
- able to self-manage.
- not afraid to dig in and get your hands dirty.
- comfortable working with high volumes.
- eager to learn.
- a skilled Photoshop user.
- able to recognize a quality image.
We're excited about you because you:
- hold a high degree in photography, visual arts, digital media or related, preferred.
- are proficient with Adobe Photoshop
- understand industry standards for file formatting.
- have 1 to 3 years' experience in the imaging industry.
- have significant knowledge of image cataloging.
- have basic understanding of a production studio.
- have experience with digital asset management.
- have the ability to multitask.
- are proficient with Microsoft Suite.
- have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- can move around z-racks and lift totes of product weighing 25+ lbs.
- have the ability to perform frequent movements such as standing, walking, repetitive finger, hand and wrist motions, as well as bending, stooping, reaching, squatting, and kneeling.
- can work overtime during peak season (roughly six months out of the year).