Diversity & Inclusion Director
Posted on Nov 14, 2018 by Nike
Converse is the story of a sneaker that started on the court and moved to the stage and street. We're a company ready for change and that's who we hire: the most malleable, the most innovative, and the most creative. Our clothes and sneakers have been worn by rebels, rockers, rappers, artists, thinkers, and individuals. So that's why we hire individuals. So we're speaking the same language.
Who Converse represents is who Converse hires. If you're one-of-a-kind, you should try us on.
Nike Inc.'s mission is to bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete in the world, and we believe "if you have a body, you are an athlete." As part of Nike Inc., Converse strives to serve the daring spirit of youth and values every voice and each person to bring their skills and passion to work together as a team. We believe diversity drives innovation and we are committed to an environment that is empowering and inclusive. and we understand that in order to truly know and serve our consumers, we must continue to create a diverse global team.
As a result, we are hiring a Director, Diversity & Inclusion- Converse reporting to the Chief , Diversity & Inclusion Officer, Nike Inc.
As the Director of Diversity and Inclusion for Converse, you will be responsible for executing the Converse Diversity & Inclusion Strategy across our global business. You will partner with the VP, HRBP Converse and the VP, Global Diversity & Inclusion at Nike Inc. to plan, communicate and implement key diversity & inclusion programs and strategic initiatives.
- Support Converse D&I activities with a strong focus on our direct-to-consumer employee audiences.
- Create, communicate and monitor a multi-year set of annual operating plans to deliver the initiatives, programs and projects underpinning the Converse D&I Strategy.
- Steward the planning, monitoring and reporting out of the annual portfolio of Converse D&I initiatives, programs and projects across the D&I agenda, ensuring the D&I Strategy is elevated throughout our business.
- Analyze data and insights to identify, understand and articulate the key inputs and metrics that show the progress of the Converse D&I strategy .
- Identify, evaluate, and engage key external partners to extend the principles, objectives and values of the Converse D&I Strategy beyond the enterprise and into the community.
- Develop and maintain the Converse key external partner relationships and internal partnerships with Global Community Impact (GCI), internal communications and corporate communications, Government and Public Affairs (GPA), SB+I, Legal, HR
- Bachelor's degree in HR, Business, Behavioral Sciences or a related field
- 2 years' additional experience in lieu of a degree
- 8 years' professional work experience
- 5 years' proven leadership experience within HR
- Demonstrated experience within organizational design and development, performance/compensation management, succession planning and recruitment/selection
- Experience working with employee relations within a large workforce
- Experience leading HR planning initiatives and processes, including emerging leader identification and talent management
- Experience leading diversity initiatives for an organization
- Ability to influence and drive positive change as an effective business partner
- Skilled in organizational consulting
- Strong presentation and communication skills
Converse is more than a company; it's a worldwide advocate for self-expression. This belief motivates our employees, permeates our working environment and inspires our products. No two of us look or think exactly alike. We are each one-of-a-kind. Individually and as a culture, we have the freedom to create and grow professionally. Generous benefits packages only sweeten the experience. From Boston to Shanghai, from Brand Design to Finance, Converse is a brand that celebrates the unique and creative people of the world. Together, we're different.