Field Quality Engineer - Waterloo
Posted on Nov 14, 2018 by Trek Bicycle Corporation
This position reports to our Global Director of Quality and leads our Field Quality Alert processes and other related activities. The ideal candidate possesses experience investigating and solving issues with finished goods and customer concerns. He/she has experience driving change with internal team and the supply base and leading local as well as global product audits. He/she must demonstrate a history of solving complex problems with positive results, working with a cross-functional team, and providing great customer service.
- Lead the Field Quality Alert process and all related activities
- Build relationship with Customer Service and support efforts to provide great hospitality
- Lead root cause investigation & corrective action implementation on field related quality issues
- Support Customer Service with warranty claim resolution
- Work closely with Product Quality Engineers and Supplier Quality Engineers to identify the root cause and provide solutions
- Coordinate efforts with Quality Project Manager to address non-conforming materials in the distribution centers
- Support activities focused on post launch monitoring including warranty data monitoring, field issue resolution, product audits, dealer surveys
- Coordinate audits of products in global warehouses
- Assist in local audits and reworks activities as needed. Generate warranty and other reports as needed
- Strive to reduce warranty costs
- Initiate continuous improvement for the company, Quality department, and relative processes and products
- Manage given metrics for product and other applicable business objectives
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a related Quality role
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Material Science, or related technical field
- ASQ CQT or CQE a plus
- Proficient in common Quality tools such as CAPA, 8D, DMAIC, PPAP, ISO9001
- Ability to act independently to solve complex problems
- Manage multiple projects at the same time, prioritize, and possess a sense of urgency
- Driven, dynamic leader who takes initiative and drives accountability
- Excellent interpersonal skills essential
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with internal and external customers essential
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Windows, Outlook, Word, Excel, SharePoint),
- Understanding of database management and report generation
- Basic metric reporting
- Maintains a constant awareness of safety as it pertains to the plant and office environment as well as product safety and quality.
- In a standard workday this person will be required to sit 60%, stand 10%, walk 25%, and lift 5%.
- Local travel is required
- This individual will be required to lift materials weighing 1-30 pounds occasionally. Repetitive use of hands for fine manipulation
- Visual requirements include the ability to read blueprints, computer printouts, and computer spreadsheet applications
- This individual may have to wear personal protective equipment, which could include safety glasses, or safety shoes/boots, depending upon the nature of the work assignment.
We are an E-Verify employer.
For more information, please click on the following links:
E-Verify Participation Poster: English / Spanish
E-Verify Right to Work Poster: English | Spanish