Sr Global Materials & Supply Planning Analyst
Posted on Nov 14, 2018 by Columbia Sportswear
You will support the Global Supply Planning and Raw Materials Planning teams responsible for creating and communicating the finished goods production plan for Columbia and its affiliated brands, as well as the seasonal raw materials forecast. In addition, you will work closely with regional demand, global manufacturing and supply chain leadership to provide visibility to key performance indicators and trend analysis.
As a senior member of the team, you are responsible for innovating and improving reporting strategy and providing key insights from data. You maintain a strong understanding of supply chain (end to end) in order to recommend process improvement through analytics. Within this role you'll demonstrate leadership and advocacy in the team and across the supply chain.
- Lead development of reporting and analytical capabilities for different supply chain operations functions focusing on global supply planning and global materials planning and partnering with subject matter experts and technical teams. This includes creating business requirements for data needs, validation of data sets and developing functional reporting, KPIs, and dashboards/scorecards to support execution of daily responsibilities and monitoring of key metrics.
- Drive business results and outcomes focused on brand, region and omni-channel to provide multi-disciplined analytics and recommendations for KPI improvement and potential business process changes. Provide analysis to determine how key KPIs are tracking to goals. Key areas include the following:
- Just In Time Purchasing
- Customer Fulfilment and Delivery
- Factory Capacity Utilization
- Inventory Utilization and Optimization
- Materials Acceleration
- Demand vs. Supply Planning
- Supply Chain Strategy
- Inventory Optimization
- Financial and Inventory risk related to purchasing
- Provide analytical insights to support monthly and quarterly reporting deliverables including Global Inventory & Corporate Forecast reviews, Executive and Brand S&OP meetings, Quarterly Business Review (QBR), Board meetings etc.
- Lead cross functional projects across the business to effectively drive change in revenue, service, and cost. Possess a thorough understanding of the up-stream and the down-stream processes and high-level systems flow to determine the impact of process changes. Provide leadership in determining gaps and opportunities in the effectiveness of regional and/or global planning and operations systems and processes.
- Serve as team lead for supply planning and materials planning in analytics and data related projects. Ensure effectiveness of analytics and reporting for current and future business and strategic requirements.
- Bachelor's degree, applicable certification, or equivalent experience. Supply Chain Operations, Business Analytics, Finance, or Mathematics preferred.
- 5+ years of Supply Chain focused experience with applied knowledge of industry standards/ practices, projects and initiatives.
- Apparel or footwear industry experience preferred
- Working knowledge of supply chain and operations functions; including demand planning, production planning, manufacturing, inbound and outbound logistics and distribution.
- Previous work with other cultures in a business setting, and awareness of and sensitivity to cultural differences
- Experience with development of visuals and dashboards/scorecards using PowerBI, Tableau or other tool
- Experience using Microsoft Access and Cognos including running preformatted reports and creating simple queries.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Experience in statistical modelling within the supply chain operations.
- Project management experience
- Ability to travel approximately 5-10% of the time.
This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities, but constitutes a general definition of the position's scope and function in the company.
EEO/AA Employer/Vets/Disabled/Race/Ethnicity/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Age