Gluteus Maxout Instr - Northbrook
Posted on Nov 16, 2018 by Life Time Fitness
We are looking for Life Time Performers to join our team! Do you love to train on the fitness floor and bring the essence of lower body day into a high energy, fun class? Are you someone who is motivating, passionate, and can lead a class with encouragement, and also some tough love? As a Gluteus Maxout performer at Life Time you will belong to an elite team of entertaining educators that positively change lives every day. You will motivate, educate and have a blast, all while promoting healthy living and well-being. At Life Time, we offer exciting, fun, energizing, safe and intelligently designed classes that deliver results. We offer training, ongoing continuing education, professional development support and resources to help you be successful as a performer. We believe in doing what moves you, and taking pride in supporting our community of performers to be the best they can be! Are you ready to join this rapidly growing community? There's a class waiting for your encouraging voice and bold personality.
As a Studio Performer with Life Time, you will assist our members by educating, delivering, and connecting them to our industry leading strategy of the Core 3. The power of Core 3 is our unmatched ability to address all areas of our members' health and fitness needs to achieve optimal results.
KNOW IT- Comprehensive Assessments
Education, testing, and technology to help our members' know how their unique bodies work.
(Examples: Lab Testing, Metabolic Assessments, Devices, Activity Monitors, myHealthScore)
NOURISH IT- Personalized Nutrition and Lifestyle
Professional advice, products and strategies to fuel and enrich our members' healthy way of life.
(Examples: Nutrition Coaching, Nutritional Products, Supplements, Registered Dietitians)
MOVE IT- Customized Workouts
Activities, events, and programs to keep our members' engaged in healthy and entertaining ways.
(Examples: Private Training, Weight Loss, Metabolic Coaching, TEAM Classes, Pilates)
Duties & Responsibilities
- Delivers entertaining, motivational, engaging, safe, educational, and professional lower body classes to ensure clients are satisfied with their workout program and remain motivated to attain their personal fitness goals
- Monitors and instructs participants during classes by educating on correct form and proper intensity
- Demonstrates proficiency in music, while providing non-stop, upbeat, and fun music.
- Provides brand-worthy music ensuring appropriate language
- Develops positive relationships with class participants by leading inspiring, challenging and entertaining classes
- Attentively listens to members, answers questions, and engages in conversation before and after classes
- Provides excellent customer service by promptly responding to member needs and concerns
- Effectively discusses and explains the benefits of Group Fitness
- Brand Advocate for Life Time
- Attends Gluteus Maxout meetings, trainings, and development / continuing education workshops
- Becomes a member of and actively participates in the Gluteus Maxout online instructor group.
- Promote Life Time programs, products, services and fellow instructors to class participants
- Consistently meets daily class attendance goals
- Actively recruits participants through personal interaction, invitations, and social media announcements
- Properly completes and submits incident reports when injuries occur before, during, or after class
- Complies with all company safety rules
- Assists in keeping Studio clean and organized at all times
- Education & Experience
- High school diploma or GED
- One-year fitness instructor work experience
- Group strength training experience
Licenses / Certifications/ Registrations
- CPR/AED certification required within the first 3 months of hire
- Group Exercise Certification (preferred but not required)
- National Association of Sports Medicine (NASM)
- American Council of Exercise (ACE)
- American Fitness Aerobic Association (AFAA)
- Canadian Fitness Professionals (CanFitPro)
- All Life Time team members receive:
- Complimentary Life Time membership
- Team member discounts for Life Time products & services
- Team member discount on select Life Time Athletic Events
- Industry Leading Education and Training
- Education Program to promote professional and financial growth
Additional Full Time Benefits
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Plan
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Industry-leading Education and Training
- Flexible Spending Account - Dependent (day) Care Account
- Levels Education Program to promote professional & financial growth
- Hourly Class Pay