Supervisor, Distribution- Shipping
Posted on Nov 21, 2018 by Under Armour
Responsible for the daily floor activities of inbound or outbound operations and the teammates assigned to the area. Including, but is not limited to, the completion of all receiving, put-away, planning and scheduling, shipping, returns, inventory, processing and the efficiency and development of the teammates in the inbound or outbound area.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Inclusive, but not limited, to the following duties:
- Provides direct and administrative supervision to the inbound or outbound team.
- Creates and implements appropriate operating systems and audits to support the accuracy of sales order fulfillment.
- Creates and maintains required efficiency standards throughout all processes within distribution.
- Ensures that customer product is compliant according to compliance manuals.
- Ensures accurate labeling/ticketing of product.
- Performs random checks of customer orders to ensure the accuracy of quality and quantity in an order.
- Accomplishes all responsibilities by effective planning and execution from all teammates within departments ensuring the utmost possible quality, safety, cost and delivery.
- Supports and drives a safe and clean safe work environment.
- Continuously learn, coach and deploy teammates on Continuous Improvement Tools and Techniques
- Develops efficient space planning for the storage areas.
- Ensures the overall goals are achieved, as well as the individual goals of the department.
- Interacts daily with team to support and strengthen team engagement.
- Maintains and builds a strong team that emphasizes teamwork among the leaders and drives strong communication between the shifts and among peers.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities may include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or three to five years of related experience and/or training in a distribution or warehouse environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- At least 2 years of experience in supervising others is preferred.
- Experience in the apparel industry strongly preferred.
- Ability to travel as may be required.
- Skilled with database/spreadsheet programs, and specifically MS Office programs (MSWord, Excel, Outlook, etc.). Experience Manhattan WMi strongly preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Database software; Inventory software; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to sit.
- The employee may frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be in an environmentally controlled facility. The employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
At Under Armour, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Under Armour believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.