Quality Analyst II
Posted on Nov 19, 2018 by EA Sports
Position Title: Contingent
Quality Analyst II
EAX is the team within EA that manages the majority of the web ecosystem for EA, including such destinations as Origin, EA.com, and more. EAX is looking to build a team of highly talented QV analysts to deliver an atomic design system that will shape the future of EA's web presence.
Quality Analysts are responsible for directly working with Development partners to verify Functional and Experience quality of product features. As a Quality Analyst II, you will become the knowledge base for your product area and you will be able to understand the ins-and-outs of how a feature should work. Together with our partners, you will ensure that features are released on time and are of the highest quality possible.
As a Quality Analyst II working on the EAX team, you will be embedded with a cross-functional development team that provides services to partners from many different product teams. You will partner with external QV testers and leads to execute testing across a multitude of platforms. You will work with other Analysts to help find and solve technical problems and recommend appropriate quality verification procedures.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide Qualitative feedback regarding the design and functionality of the product.
- Find, categorize, prioritize and report bugs/defects to Development.
- Maintain the Quality Verification pipeline from feature creation through to release and continued enhancement.
- Create and execute Test Plans based on feature documentation.
- Follow up with development and testing partners to evolve testing practices and prevent future defects.
- Proactively work with other team members (dev, design, content managers, etc) until issues are fully resolved, tested, and closed
- Learn about automation tools and utilize such tools to reduce manual test effort
- Triage and review issues reported by external teams, escalate critical issues to the leadership team promptly
- Advocate for the player
- Task and ticket tracking through a JIRA database.
- Provide status updates to QV leads on a regular basis
Who You Are
- Flexible and team-oriented. Should have a good interpersonal and follow-up skills and the ability to manage multiple projects and tasks.
- Self-starter with a strong work ethic, able to meet responsibilities without constant supervision.
- Capable of understanding complex features/systems, how they function within the product and their impact to our players.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Detail-oriented with strong observational skills.
- Ability to take ownership of assigned tasks and features.
- Ability to work in group settings under high-pressure.
- Proficient in PC use
- Not afraid to ask questions
- Quality Assurance experience in software development, specifically with UI / UX
- PC/Mac OS, Console (PS4/XB1), and Mobile (iOS/Android) testing
- Recommended but not required: Computer Science / Applied Math background and/or Game Design Diploma or equivalent.
Good to have:
- Familiarity with CMS and Automation systems
- Knowledge of JIRA, TestRail, Jenkins
- Critical thinking and data analysis skills
- Familiarity with design systems