Merchandise Mgr, Global Womens Apparel
Posted on Nov 16, 2018 by Nike
For Nike, Inc. merchants, everything begins and ends with the consumer. The Nike Merchandising team understands consumer needs and market capacity to create the right product mix for marketplaces around the world. From stores to online, this team helps bring the seasonal category visions to life. The Merchandising team has the unique ability to see beyond trends to identify what's next to deliver the right product to the right places at the right time and price.
As a Global NSW Women's Apparel Merchandising Manager, you are responsible for driving the seasonal Apparel vision and strategy, focusing on building category consumer right lines and edited offers to ensure a productive, profitable, and integrated marketplace. You will partner with Global and Geo cross-functional teams to deliver well informed seasonal line plans and merchandising strategies - to enable consumer right assortments in the global marketplace.
Key Accountabilities include:
- Lead cross-functionally with a global marketplace mindset to internally represent and ultimately serve the Geographies.
- Partner with Geo Running Merchants to determine consumer led capacity and insights by Geo/Key City; preparing and analyzing for Global harmonization.
- Contribute data and insights that will be used as an input to harmonize the Global Category Line Plan in partnership with the "End to End" Design, Product, and Merchandising teams.
- Partner with the new E2E Triad (product/design/merchandising) to drive the Women's Sportswear Apparel line offer from Line Plan to Geo integration.
- Create Edited Offers aligned to the seasonal merchandising strategy, segmentation/differentiation opportunities, and product pricing strategy.
- Work with analytics to understand the performance and productivity of the Line Plan and create action plans to ensure progress toward key performance indicators.
- Prepare for and engage in key seasonal meetings, such as Line Planning, Category Alignment, Product Read Out and Integrated Seasonal Readiness.
- Bachelor's degree or 2 additional years of experience in lieu of a degree.
- 5 years of relevant experience within merchandising.
- Consumer-centric mindset
- Ability to manage multiple deadlines and seasons
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, including presentations to various cross-functional partners
- Takes initiative, proficient information seeking skills, and a drive for results
- Excellent attention to details
- Ability to influence and build consensus across various functions.
- Proficiency with Microsoft applications including PowerPoint, Word and Excel.
- Experience with MMX and AV
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time.