Posted on Nov 12, 2018 by Nike
Innovation is oxygen for Nike, Inc., and the company depends on its talented, global workforce to breathe originality and curiosity into everything they do. The Nike Advanced Innovation team strives for lighter, faster, bigger, smarter, smaller, more efficient, more sustainable and more personal. They imagine, research, analyze and invent the next industry-changing technology to advance athletic performance. In roles that span research, design, materials and manufacturing, the Advanced Innovation team looks to the future and focuses on making the seemingly impossible, possible.
As our Senior Administrative Assistant you'll perform a wide range of administrative duties, including preparing correspondence; producing, editing and reformatting documents; preparing expense reports and purchase orders; tracking and completing invoice coding and participating in budget updates; updating organizational charts and providing support to the VP, Cushioning Innovation - all while collaborating across a broader team of admins supporting the Nike Explore Team.
You'll respond tactfully and promptly to inquiries and problems within your scope of established authority; handle confidential information; serve as the central contact for general department information; and coordinate a full range of meeting, event and travel arrangements. You may also be required to maintain ongoing reports or databases.
- High School diploma or GED
- 3 years' experience as an administrative assistant or other support role in a professional business environment
- Higher level of education may be substituted for years of experience
- Intermediate-level Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint proficiency
- Ability to work with a variety of personalities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required
- Standout "can do" positive attitude, highly collaborative
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced, results-oriented, team environment
- Strong organization skills and thxe ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Ability to take initiative, follow-through on requests until completion, and utilize a keen attention to detail
- Must be comfortable with ambiguity and be resourceful enough to find solutions on your own
- Previous experience working with budgets and/or purchasing is strongly preferred
- Previous Nike work experience is a plus