Dir, Fund Dev & Communications (McBurney )
Posted on Nov 14, 2018 by YMCA
The YMCA of Greater New York is here for all New Yorkers - to empower youth, improve health, and strengthen community. Founded in 1852...
YMCA McBurney Branch YMCA
Location New York, NY
The YMCA of Greater New York is here for all New Yorkers - to empower youth, improve health, and strengthen community. Founded in 1852, today the Y serves a diverse population of more than half a million New Yorkers who learn, grow, and thrive through programs and services at our 24 branches. Community is the cornerstone of the Y. Together, we connect active, engaged New Yorkers to build stronger communities.
The McBurney YMCA is seeking a Director of Fund Development & Communications who will grow the Fund Development efforts, manage the administrative aspects of the Annual Campaign and Board activities, as well as expand the Volunteer base and organize. Responsibilities include organizing special events, increase community awareness, and overseeing the marketing and communication materials for all programming and events branch wide. Additionally, the Director of Fund Development & Communications will create, manage, and implement an integrated communications plan. The incumbent will work in collaboration with all Department Directors to provide, digital and print materials.
- Bachelor's degree in Liberal Arts, Communications, Fund Development, Community Organizing, or a related field.
- One to two years of administrative experience, one to three years of community relations experience working with staff and volunteers, and one to three years of community relations.
- Excellent customer service, organizational, verbal and written skills required.
- Knowledge of AS400 database, Microsoft Office, creative software, social media management and expression engine or equivalent web content management.
- Knowledge of fund development, board development, communications, adobe creative suite, photography a plus.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once and adjust priorities as requested.
- Overall management of the Annual Campaign, in collaboration with the Executive Director.
- Develop and execute a major gift donor acquisition and cultivation plan, including connecting with YMCA alumni.
- Actively research donor prospects.
- Support the input of all campaign pledges and gifts, and send out thank you letters in a timely manner.
- Act as liaison between administrative staff and board of managers, for fundraising events.
- Create and manage branch communication plan, which include quarterly and campaign newsletters, press releases, press coverage, branch and camp brochures, program flyers and branch correspondences.
- Plan and manage special events, and campaigners' coaching.
- Maintain branch website, social media outlets, mobile app and internal digital signage.
- Identify potential fund development opportunities with the Executive Director, including grant writing.
- Work in cooperation with Association Office on overall communications and marketing strategies.
- Work in cooperation with Association Office to develop timely and relevant email marketing campaigns to promote programs.
- Attend Board of Managers meetings and serve as staff Liaison for the Fund Development Committee.
- Represent the YMCA at community events and meetings.
- Serve as Branch Manager-on-Duty, as assigned.
- Uphold all Association Policies/ Demonstrate core values of Respect, Responsibility, Caring and Honesty.
- Actively participate in designated meetings, training sessions and special events.
We offer an exciting and innovative work environment with a culture committed to serving all members of our community. As a leading not-for-profit, community service organization, our Association relies heavily on fundraising to support the wide range of programs we proudly provide the communities we serve. Our expectation is that all staff promotes participation of their branch fundraising efforts in some capacity. If you would like to be a member of our dynamic team, please forward your cover letter and resume with subject line " Director, Fund Development & Communications " to or to:
Attn.: Jasmin Cardona
125 West 14 th Street
New York, NY 10011
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER ♦ DRUGFREE WORKPLACE
Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities
New York City's YMCA | WE'RE HERE FOR GOOD.
Salary $52,686.00 - $72,443.00
How to Apply
Apply by Email
Apply by Mail to: Jasmin Cardona, 125 West 14th Street, New York NY, 10011-