Procurement Under Grad Intern
Posted on Nov 18, 2018 by Nike
Our Procurement team helps Nike win by leveraging our suppliers and our scale. We partner with our stakeholders to drive value. We challenge the status quo and bring innovative thinking. We use facts to create leverage. We are motivated by results, not by process. And we act as one team across the globe. Thus, we are a magnet and engine for talent - we bring in the best people from across the globe, challenge them to grow and help them build a career at Nike, within or beyond Procurement.
We live into this mission via excellence in analytics, strategy development, stakeholder relationships, strategy execution, negotiating, contracting, and supplier management. Our work spans the entire company, giving our team a unique Nike, Inc. viewpoint. As an intern with Procurement you will learn about and become part of our team, with the opportunity to support and drive strategic work.
As an intern with Procurement you will get a preview of "The Procurement Analyst Program", the development program that you will potentially be hired into as an entry-level full-time employee. This program provides a rotational experience where you move to a new team within Procurement every 6 months, gaining a broad portfolio of experience while tackling and owning strategic projects. The rotational experience, alongside professional training and mentorship, enables you to develop a deep understanding of our Procurement business; how we make Nike more competitive, efficient, and sustainable.
You do not need Procurement experience to work as an intern with our team: we will teach you. We look for candidates who are driven by curiosity to understand the world around them; the type of people who are comfortable working with people and data to search for, build, and articulate solutions to challenges.
- Graduating with a Bachelors degree or equivalent in December 2018 or May 2019
- 0-2 years' work experience & analytical background (Finance, Engineering, etc.)
- Strong excel, math, and cost modeling skills (finance, engineering) strongly preferred
- Ability to comb through large amounts of data, analyze, draw conclusions, and present a coherent viewpoint
- Evidence of entrepreneurial spirit, leadership positions, and ambition
- Business coursework and database/coding experience preferred
- Project management abilities
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, creative problem solver & want to get their "hands dirty"
- Able to think on their feet and articular problems well
- Sports focus/interest & passion for the brand
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (Nice to have):
- Previous experience or coursework focused on procurement, operations, supply chain, or finance
- Track-record of demonstrating an entrepreneurial spirit in fast-paced environment
- General financial skills/knowledge