Production Eng - Chicago
Posted on Nov 14, 2018 by Fox Sports
Big Ten Network
Big Ten Network (BTN) is the premier destination for college sports fans everywhere to immerse themselves in the Big Ten experience as the first internationally distributed network dedicated to covering America's most storied collegiate conference. BTN captures the Big Ten's passion and tradition with unparalleled coverage of over 1,000 sporting events each year, including football, basketball, Olympic sports and championship events and award-winning original programming, in-depth studio analysis and classic games. BTN is the ultimate destination for Big Ten fans, alumni and sports lovers across the country. The network is in more than 60 million homes across the United States and Canada.
The Big Ten Network is currently seeking a Production Engineer to join their team in Chicago. The position is responsible for overseeing the engineering for our camera aggregation Home Run Production (HRP) shows. Duties include connecting, quality control, troubleshooting and repairing all broadcast television equipment including cameras, switchers, video servers, audio and graphics equipment during our camera aggregation (HRP) shows. Also, the incumbent will conduct routing and restorative maintenance of electronics and electrical systems.
- Connecting, troubleshooting and repairing feeds during a camera aggregation (HRP) show
- Quality control of incoming audio and video feeds during the show
- Troubleshoots any problems that may occur in a timely manner
- Execute and complete projects as assigned with minimal supervision
- A minimum of a 2 year technical degree required
- Qualified applicants require a minimum of 3 years of experience maintaining and repairing broadcast equipment
- Must demonstrate a solid working knowledge of electronic and electrical systems and knowledge of FCC rules
- Must be proficient in the use of broadcast related test equipment including, but not limited to, waveform monitors, vector scopes, multi-meters, oscilloscopes, test signal generators, etc
- Ability to troubleshoot audio consoles, production switchers, production support equipment and other equipment in required
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work under minimal supervision are essential
- Candidates must have the ability to work flexible hours and shifts including weekends and holidays
- CAD experience a plus
- Networking experience desired
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced live production environment is necessary
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.