Director, Category Strategy
Posted on Nov 21, 2018 by Under Armour
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (other duties may be assigned):
3 Year Business Plans and Strategic Investment Process: Create, own and manage the 3 Year Planning Process that helps drive the long-term strategic priorities for the group categories. Responsibilities include partnering with key leaders across the categories to assist in the development of their 3 year annual business plans. Project management is critical to the success of this process as you will be responsible for managing complex calendars, facilitation of key meetings and communication to drive key strategic investment decisions based on these plans to ultimately support our long range plans.
Strategy Evaluation Process: Responsible for management of the Strategy Evaluation process as the defined project manager responsible creating and coordinating an on-going process to read and react to the fluid state of our Strategy in partnership with Finance/Strategy Partners, FP&A and Strategic Projects
- Strategy Scorecard: Design a scorecard for executives to monitor and adjust our strategy based on key performance indicators.
- ExCom Meetings: Manage and coordinate the ExCom Meetings to review Key performance indicators and monitor investments made to date as well as discuss additional investment opportunities as they come up.
- Contingency & GAP Analysis: Perform deep dive analytics on our strategy to assess GAPs and develop contingencies to our strategy
- Creative and strategic thinker
- Detail Oriented
- Excellent project management skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Good presentation skills
- Team focused
- Action oriented player who is comfortable driving projects independently, with senior guidance
- Work under pressure quickly, effectively and efficiently
- High relationship ability (able to understand and relate to different teammate audiences across the Company, at all levels - both very senior and junior)
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- B.A required
- Minimum of 8-10 years of Strategy and Business Planning experience.
- Experience leading executives in high level idea generation and vision setting within an intense problem solving environment.
- Knowledge regarding Project Management, and experience with setting up and managing projects in a complex, fast-moving environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Microsoft PowerPoint, Outlook and Excel)
At Under Armour, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Under Armour believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.