Spec, Graphic Design & Marketing (Microsoft Theate
Posted on Nov 22, 2018 by AEG
The Graphic Design and Marketing Specialist is responsible for creating all graphic artwork needed for events including website, social media and AXS ticketing images and distributing those images to the appropriate parties. Additionally, this role oversees marketing website content for Microsoft Theater, including scheduling events for the homepage to promote ticket sales, adding new events, contributing ideas to marketing plans for increasing artist/event visibility and continually checking for accuracy of all pages.
Create and design marketing materials
- Hold meetings with promoters, agents, artist managers, Microsoft Theater departments, and other applicable personnel to discuss marketing needs and establish ad design and layout requirements.
- Independently conceptualize and create original graphic design artwork for over 100 events to be used on the Microsoft Theater website and other platforms such as LA Live district screen/signage, web banners, print ads for trade publications, scoreboard promotion, artist gifts, show posters, etc.
Oversee Microsoft Theater website marketing content
- Oversee and maintain announcement of events on the website and Facebook page to ensure all pages are up to date and relay relevant information.
- Organize monthly calendars and schedule website overlays and updating price maps, event detail page information and AXS data layer tracking.
Oversee analytics of marketing
- Work with data analyst to obtain marketing event data and metrics from business systems.
- Interpret marketing data and analyze the success of Microsoft Theater events.
- Communicate marketing recaps to promoters and artist management groups following events to show how Microsoft Theater separates itself from competitors, to improve client retention.
- Create original artwork for AEG Presents, rental event promoters, and a variety of high profile award shows.
- Responsible for working events which includes escorting media, editing photos / websites and social media posts during award shows.
- A minimum education level of: BA/BS Degree (4-year) in Graphic Design or a related field
- A minimum of 2-4 years of related work experience in a graphic design role
- Demonstrated proficiency in the Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator & InDesign). An added bonus if you have experience with After Effects, DreamWeaver, Flash or CSS.
- Experience in managing multiple projects in a deadline-driven environment
- Proven experience producing designs for various types of media (Website, Social Media & Print)
- Extremely detail oriented and adherent to strict file structure guidelines. Follow print specifications and digital requirements for constructing files.
- Ability to maintain consistency of work regardless of project size
- Motivation to enforce, maintain and improve design standards
- Ability to liaise effectively with clients and other team members
- Excellent visual and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiently use the Adobe Creative Suite is required for this position and demonstrate competent execution of innovative and effective design across all of our platforms.
- Ability to collaborate with team members to launch designs and pitch creative ideas that enhance projects.
- Effectively manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Availability to work outside "normal" business hours, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Events/Music industry experience preferred
- Experience in web design, animation or coding a plus.
- Impressive portfolio and design sensibility with a strong print and digital emphasis
AEG reserves the right to change or modify the employee's job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. AEG may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her normal description.
AEG is committed to developing a diverse workforce reflective of the marketplace and the communities in which we do business. We believe a diverse workforce is not merely an advantage; it is mandatory for any company to be successful in today's business climate.
This Employer is subject to the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance (FCIHO) (LAMC 189.00)
Innovative Partnerships Group - IPG360
G4S Secure Integration