Homepage And Alerts Editor
Posted on Nov 11, 2018 by CBS
The Home Page/Alerts desk at CBS Sports Digital is responsible for curating the Home Page at CBSSports.com, distributing Mobile and Desktop Alerts, and managing the News Ticker for CBS Sports HQ.
- Identify and process well-crafted alerts for breaking news stories, videos, and live event coverage for both mobile and desktop platforms
- Use Chartbeat, Taboola and other analytics to promote content on CBSSports.com and partner sites
- Savvy management of the moving parts in a fast-paced environment
- Some copy editing, headline/cutline writing, photo editing for website
- Working nights/weekends for newsroom operation.
- Daily assignments may include Home Page curation or Managing Alerts/HQ News Ticker
- Select top stories for covers and headlines
- Select photos to cover top stories and video
- Writing and re-rewriting headlines based on both metrics and live event happenings
- Final reads and first reads on content
- Select content, both articles and video, to promote via mobile and desktop alerts
- Use content to promote live events on CBS and CBS Sports Network
- Select headlines for News Ticker on CBS Sports HQ
What you bring to the team
You have ...
- 2-4 years of online/newspaper editorial experience in sports.
- Ability to articulate and execute sound news judgment.
- An aggressive nature to pursue news and strive for accuracy and timeliness.
- Exemplary judgment and decision-making skills.
- Trustworthiness, commitment and consideration for co-workers and new ideas.
You might also have ...
- Strong strategic planning skills and the ability to execute a plan.
- Experience with editorial planning and online web content management.
- Journalistic innovation and initiative to discover new ways to inform users.