Posted on Nov 21, 2018 by Equinox
The Facility Manager has a strong focus on operating, troubleshooting, and repairing all building systems, including fitness equipment. In order to successfully complete daily/weekly work assignments, the Facility Manager is expected to demonstrate technical expertise, be multi-skilled and a self-starter.
- Ensure Equinox standards for quality and service are met.
- Safely operate the facility in accordance with all applicable government and regulatory requirements (Health and Fire Departments, as well as those of OSHA).
- Demonstrate and enforce safety rules and behaviors.
- Identify, enforce, and assess safety hazards and risks.
- Conduct thorough walk throughs of the club daily for down equipment and building systems not functioning.
- Perform repairs to building systems and fitness equipment up to applicable standards.
- Manage records of equipment purchase dates, warranty information, repair work completed.
- Monitor HVAC systems and equipment to make sure they're at optimum operating levels.
- Where necessary, record readings and make proper adjustments to ensure proper operation of building and fitness equipment.
- Help manage all facility service contracts and sustain good standing vendor relationships.
- Monitor pricing and work quality of outside contractors.
- Ensure proper inventories of facility supplies (ceiling tiles, electrical components, plumbing fixtures, etc...)
- Respond to management inquiries in a timely and professional manner.
- Assist Area Facilities Manager with emergency situations (e.g., fire alarms, chemical spills, hazardous conditions) and take appropriate actions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or state equivalent
- Minimum of two years of college or related trade schooling
- Minimum of three years' experience in electrician trade or related field - or, minimum of three years' experience in HVAC/refrigeration trade or related field
- Prior experience in Construction, Building Operations and fitness equipment preferred.
CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES
- Valid U.S. driver's license with a clean driving record.
- Certified Pool Operator (CPO) preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Have thorough knowledge of building systems to achieve operating costs - and satisfy customer requirements.
- Demonstrate a high mechanical aptitude for fitness equipment, electrical, and/or mechanical systems, as well as computer-controlled equipment and plumbing.
- Basic carpentry skills
- Working knowledge of computer applications, including Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong organizational, communication, and multi-talking abilities.
- Outstanding customer service, responsible, reliable and trustworthy.
- Eye for and attention to detail.
PHYSICAL WORK ABILITIES AND REQUIREMENTS
- This position requires frequent walking, climbing, bending, kneeling, lifting, stooping, and working/extending overhead, including:
- Walking large, campus-like settings.
- Lifting a minimum of 80 lbs.
- Climbing stairs and navigating rooftops at times.
- Using ladders up to 30 ft and working from heights.
- Climbing ladders of various heights.
AS A MEMBER OF THE EQUINOX TEAM YOU WILL RECEIVE:
- We offer competitive salary, benefits and industry leading commission opportunities for club employees
- Complimentary Club membership
- 30- 50% discounts on all Equinox products and services including Personal Training, Private Pilates, Spa and Cafe' services and Shop items
This Job Description is intended to describe the general requirements for the position. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned as necessary to ensure the proper operations of the department.
Equinox is an equal opportunity employer. For more information regarding our career opportunities, please visit one of our clubs or our website at
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Must have a legal right to work in the United States.
Pac - 12 Network
Bayview Hunters Point Foundation
The Princeton Review