Digital Content Producer
Posted on Nov 12, 2018 by National Football League
The Digital Content Producer is responsible for editing stories, videos and photo galleries appearing on NFL.com as part of a 24-hour news team. Additional responsibilities include monitoring for news, working with NFL Media reporters on news stories, writing and editing breaking news stories and sending breaking news via mobile alerts and social media platforms.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Edit and package content of all types (text, video, photo, etc.) in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment, mindful of NFL.com editorial and stylistic standards and keeping with SEO best practices.
- Ensure all content is grammatically correct, factually accurate and consistent with NFL.com 's editorial policies.
- Monitor wire feeds and other outside sources, including social media, to ensure the latest NFL news is represented on NFL.com and NFL Network.
- Re-write or re-work news reports to blend information from multiple sources in adherence to NFL.com 's editorial policies.
- Think and react quickly to breaking news so the home page always is up to date.
- Demonstrate news judgment in editing and story selection consistent with NFL.com 's editorial policies.
- Execute home-page content plan while also making independent and well-reasoned decisions based on real-time metrics and editorial judgment.
- Adjust home page creatively to present users a compelling and engaging content mix, particularly when this requires deviation from existing content plan.
- Prioritize editing queue in-line with the daily content plan but informed by data provided by real-time metrics.
- Requires working overnight shifts (9:30 p.m.-5 a.m.) in addition to nights and weekends.
- Bachelor's degree and/or equivalent experience
- Previous experience reporting or writing on the NFL
- Strong writing and copy-editing skills
- Strong knowledge of NFL current events, history and rules
Expected Hours of Work:
- Primary hours will be 9:30 p.m.-5 a.m. (PT). Availability for all shifts on 24-hour newsdesk is required, including nights and weekends.