Night Shift Embroidery Operator
Posted on Nov 19, 2018 by Vantage Apparel
You will be part of a company: Vantage Apparel, a midsize manufacturer, Which is the nation's top source for custom logo apparel, with key end clients including Fortune 500 companies, resorts, golf courses, colleges, and casinos. If you've been to a store that has employees wearing shirts with logos, there is a very good chance that the product or logo decoration was done by Vantage Apparel. We've been the leading innovator in the promotional apparel industry since 1977, and we are looking to hire a night shift Embroidery Operator that exemplifies the innovation for which Vantage Apparel is known.
The Embroidery Operator is the individual responsible for producing high-quality embroidery on various garments and other soft goods.
- Medical and Dental Benefits after 30 days
- 401k after 30 days
The Embroidery Operator will:
- Own all aspects of production and quality control of the jobs assigned to him or her.
- Read and understand work orders for jobs being produced. Pick appropriate thread colors based on embroidery instructions. Use appropriately sized embroidery hoop and backing size based on the size of the logo.
- Monitor the embroidery process to detect any potential defects in the process, and notify appropriate personnel of malfunction.
- Address any concerns over quality or job set-up to Embroidery Team Leader.
- Follow production schedule, and advise Production Coordinator of any production issues.
- Ensure safety policies are being followed.
- Foster a positive work environment and a Vantage work culture.
- Be trained and ready to jump into any position in case of need or absences.
- A self-starter with problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Must be able to read and understand embroidery directions in English
- Must have related experience