Hotel Maintenance | Immediate Need | Hilton
Posted on Nov 15, 2018 by Hilton Garden Inn - Sandy
Under the direction of the Chief Engineer, is responsible for engineering and maintenance operations of the hotel including building and grounds; responds to engineering and maintenance concerns; performs and/or monitors maintenance and preventative maintenance projects; responds to building-related safety concerns; supports hotel departmental maintenance programs and executes daily, weekly and monthly checklists; responds to guest-related concerns; follows safety procedures and precautions; maintains the guest rooms, public spaces, and back of the hotel areas in good repair by performing various tasks related to a variety of trades including carpentry, plumbing, electrical, air conditioning, painting, wall covering and landscaping to ensure an attractive and well-maintained hotel; cleans and maintains pool and spa area; maintains the hotel vehicles; as needed, drive the shuttle used to transport guests; provides after hours on-call availability as necessary; may be required to work nights, weekends or holidays; may work under conditions of extreme heat or cold; inspects hotel for signs of necessary preventative maintenance; monitors usable life of furniture, fixtures, and equipment to ensure maximum usefulness; may direct the efforts of service contractors; may order tools, parts and materials; may manage inventory; prepares and maintains maintenance records; ensures hotel compliance with laws and regulations relating to operational functions, fire and safety programs; maintains an emergency plan for systems back-up; conducts loss prevention inspections as needed and ensures timely follow-up to required improvements; performs other related duties as assigned.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent
Experience: At least 6 months of experience or training related to the above set of duties, including the following:
· Technical certifications in electrical, plumbing or other related fields are a plus.
· Ability to walk, reach, grasp, handle or feel objects/tools/controls, bend, climb or balance, kneel, crouch, crawl and stoop.
· Ability to regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move more than 75 pounds.
· Ability to stand continuously for up to 5 hours.
· Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, reasonable color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
· Ability to hear, taste and smell.
· Must possess the knowledge and ability to utilize basic hand and power tools.
· Must have a valid driver's license and good driving record.
· Ability to satisfactorily communicate in English with hotel guests, management, coworkers, contractors and vendors.
· Punctuality and regular and reliable work attendance.
· Honesty and integrity.
· Ideal candidates will have a basic understanding of HVAC, electrical, plumbing, carpentry, painting, wall covering, and landscaping principles and procedures.
· Ability to perform assigned duties with attention to detail, speed, accuracy, follow-through, courtesy, cooperativeness and work with a minimum of supervision.
· Ability to multi-task-manage multiple projects at the same time.
· Thinks critically and objectively; has excellent problem solving skills and has the ability to make quick decisions based on business demands; manages multiple priorities and deadlines to accomplish goals in a timely manner.
Grooming: All colleagues must maintain a neat, and well-groomed appearance (specific standards will be provided).
Note: The above duties and qualifications may vary; incumbents may perform other related duties as assigned or needed.
Required license or certification:
- Driver's License
Residence Inn - Sandy