Posted on Nov 15, 2018 by Flying Food Group, Inc.
Flying Food Group Job Description
Job Title: Food Safety & Quality Manager in Newark, NJ
Reports To: Regional FSQ ComplianceManager - East Coast Region and dotted line reporting relationship with General Manager
Position Scope: Ensures compliance with all Good Manufacturing Procedures. Works with key personnel in the facility on quality assurance issues.
· Minimum of a B.S. Degree from a 4-year university
· 4 of experience in the food industry
· Experience in a USDA facility a plus
· Bilingual in English/Spanish preferred
· Have working knowledge and understanding of food borne pathogens; methods of cleaning and sanitizing to minimize risks.
· Have working knowledge of HACCP concepts, MSDS sheets, government and industry FSQ codes and standards.
· Familiarize with company standards, practices, and procedures.
· Communicate FSQ requirements to various employee groups.
· Have ability to motivate and build a team
· Have good communication skills both written and orally.
· Conduct audits of vendor facilities and product ingredients.
· Conduct management training regarding FSQ requirements to ensure compliance.
· Reviews reports regarding regular inspections, sanitation violations, and corrective actions to resolve deficiencies; Ensure appropriate actions are taken on a timely basis.
· Support corporate efforts to facilitate uniform quality standards for food safety quality.
· Audit "Good Manufacturing Process" training and compliance for the facility.
· Oversee that FDA and USDA standard requirements are documented to maintain compliance.
· Regularly audit that sanitation requirements are maintained in all areas of the facility.
· Passing and improving audit results related to Food Safety Quality.
· Achievement of corporate objectives for corporate policies and goals.
· Consistently set expectations and hold subordinates accountable to key duties and standards.
· Ensure all FSQ required standards are followed and verify documentation compliance