Operations Assistant - Jackson
Posted on Nov 15, 2018 by Rogers Electric
DATE: October 2018
JOB TITLE: Operations Assistant
FLSA CLASSIFICATION: Non-Exempt
REPORTS TO: Vice President of Sales & Operations
- Assists Operations Manager and VP Sales & Operations with various tasks
- Preparing daily reports
- Proactively receive and send order updates to customers
- Follow up on order requests
- Identify and resolve issues with orders
- Process Expense Reports for Operations Manager and VP of Sales and Operations
- Other duties as assigned
Experience, Skill, and Educational Requirements:
- Entry level position - previous assistant experience is preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel is required
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills-must be able to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations
- Dependability-consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite
- Associate or Bachelor's Degree Preferred
- Ability to communicate both verbally and thorough writing in a professional, courteous and knowledgeable manner
- Ability to provide exceptional customer service skills
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to prioritize and organize tasks according to deadlines and urgency and complete them in a timely and professional manner
- Ability to create, edit and analyze Excel spreadsheets, Word documents, PDF files and Power Point presentations
- Ability to provide keen attention to detail
Americans with Disability Specifications Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
The employee must frequently use a computer and telephone
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities that management may deem necessary from time to time.
Equal Opportunity Employer