Senior Software Engineer
Posted on Nov 21, 2018 by Capital One
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Senior Software Engineer
Who we are: As a Capital One Software Engineer, you'll work on everything from customer-facing web and mobile applications using cutting-edge open source frameworks, to highly-available RESTful services, to back-end systems using the hottest techniques. You will drive the design, implementation, testing, deployment, and post-release support in an agile application development environment. You will execute on engineering and release priorities successfully through strong leadership and communication.
Who you are:
· You yearn to be part of cutting edge, high profile projects and are motivated by delivering world-class solutions on an aggressive schedule
· Someone who is not intimidated by challenges; thrives even under pressure; is passionate about their craft; and hyper focused on delivering exceptional results
· You love to learn new technologies and mentor/lead junior engineers to raise the bar on your team
· It would be awesome if you have a robust portfolio on Github or open source contributions you are proud to share
· Passionate about intuitive and engaging user interfaces, as well as new/emerging concepts and techniques
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 2 years of experience of building java applications
- At least 1 year of experience with Agile Scrum methodologies
- At least 1 year of experience with Spring, Spring Boot, Hibernate, Jax-RS or Jersey Frameworks
- At least 1 year of experience with RESTful API's
- At least 1 year of experience with AngularJS
- Master's Degree in Computer Science
- 2+ years of experience using AWS infrastructure automation tools
- 2+ years of experience with Kafka or Spark
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.