F5 Engineer - Lead
Posted on Nov 17, 2018 by Capital One
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
F5 Engineer - Lead
F5 Engineering Lead - Principal Engineer
We are actively looking for a F5 Technology Principal Engineer that will help architect and design F5 DNSx, LTM and GTM technologies. This Principal Engineer will help drive the enhancement and evolution of Capital One's network infrastructure from a Load Balancing perspective. The Principal Engineer will lead the effort for our end state engineering designs in the Cloud and in our regional datacenters.
The Principal Engineer will help define the direction of Load Balancing technologies for Capital One. You will be the F5 technical lead on an integrated engineering team that is driving the next generation of F5 services in a Hybrid Cloud environment. You will be expected to manage the full life cycle of the F5 GTM/LTM/DNSx service. You will be expected to build the roadmap for load balancing services in the Cloud and in physical datacenters. This role is a technical role with high visibility and is expected to interface with executive level leadership.
- Provide architecture/engineering expertise for new implementations, cloud environment integrations, project designs, and standards development.
- Lead the enterprise Load Balancing strategy as well as support of security compliance initiatives; evaluate, test, and deploy new technologies and solutions.
- Engage with industry SMEs and vendor forums to evolve Capital One's LTM, GTM and DNSx platform and services.
- Partner with the InfoSec teams to assess potential exposure to vulnerabilities, identify mitigation plans and ensure compliance, with enterprise security baselines and standards.
- Design highly available and complex network solutions in both data centers and cloud environments.
- Technical leadership experience and advanced proficiency with protocols, design, configuration and support of datacenter and campus network infrastructure related to load balancing solutions.
- At least 2 years of experience working in an Agile methodologies and workflow environment.
- At least 5 years of experience designing and architecting load balancing solutions.
- At least 5 years as a technical lead of an engineering team.
- At least 5 years of experience with F5 LTM|GTM and TMSH.
- At least 5 years of experience in automation within DevOPS construct supporting an enterprise environment.
- At least 5 years of deployment experience: VIP, Pool, SSL, policies, data-group, iRules on F5.
- At least 5 years of experience working with virtual LB solutions, F5 Viprion platforms.
- At least 5 years of experience with F5 Hardware and Software troubleshooting.
- 5+ years experience with DNS Design/Build; Infoblox, DNSx, BIND.
- 2+ years experience with Firewalls; Palo Alto, CheckPoint, F5 APM/AFM
- 5+ years experience with Scripting; BASH, Python, TCL/Tk, REST, JSON
- 2+ years experience with Cloud technologies; AWS, AZURE, GCP
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.