Posted on Nov 13, 2018 by WatCam
Suburban company is seeking a Staff Accountant. The organization would prefer a contract to hire candidate but open to direct hire as well.
The position requires attention to detail, organize figures and thoughts into a thorough, accurate and clear summary and effectively communicate (written and oral) the information to all levels of management, in a timely manner. This team member must be able to work both independently and as contributing team member, to meet team and department goals. Must be self-motivated and able to prioritize own work.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Analysis and completion of Strategic Planning/Budgeting for Upper Management as well as ad hoc analysis as requested. This includes actual results, budgets, and projections that are used to make business decisions critical to the organizations.
- Coordinate, prepare and manage all aspects of budgeting and planning
- Prepare monthly and year-end financials, this includes the Income Statement, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow Statement; research and document monthly variance analysis. Meet with managers to review results and analysis monthly.
- Prepare misc. tax returns (C.A.T., etc.).
- Oversees payroll activities and ensures filing of appropriate tax forms by outside payroll service center.
- Understand and oversee various retirement plans
- Track invested assets.
The ideal candidate will 5+ years of increasingly responsible accounting position. Bachelor's degree in accounting preferred. Additionally, the candidate should possess a thorough knowledge of accounting theory and application particularly in cash and accrual accounting and be able to demonstrate solid analytical skills. Experience and/or interest in social media marketing is ideal. Advance working knowledge of automated accounting systems and Excel are required. The person will be responsible for the accounting of multiple companies.