Licensed Practical Nurse - PRN, evening shift (LPN/LVN #)
Posted on Nov 16, 2018 by Corizon Health
Correctional Care | Committed Careers | Corizon Health
We have an exceptional opportunity for a Licensed Practical Nurse - PRN to join our healthcare team at Yuma Correctional Center located in Yuma, Arizona.
Qualifications of the Corizon Health Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
- Graduate from a Licensed Practical Nursing program.
- Currently licensed as a Practical Nurse in the state of employment.
- Possesses an active CPR (Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation)
- Remains knowledgeable about specific state laws and regulations governing practice.
- Satisfactory completion of initial and annual clinical competencies to demonstrate aptitude as assigned by role.
- PRN work shift - Evenings to cover 2p to 10p work shifts.
Responsibilities of the Corizon Health Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
Corizon Health Licensed Practical Nurses (LPNs) deliver quality care that is consistent within the scope of practice as outlined by the local state nurse practice act for Licensed Practical/Vocational Nurses.
Corizon Health LPNs are responsible for…
- Tasks, activities and functions as delegated and may make assignment of duties to others as defined in their state of practice act.
- Ensuring that tasks, activities and functions assigned to others can safely be performed by the person receiving the assignment based on their educational preparation
- Provide monitoring of tasks, activities and functions that are assigned to others to ensure proper understanding and completion.
- Visit the infirmary daily and documents encounters in patients' Medical Record as assigned. LPNs also ensure Medical Record documentation is in SOAP format, problem oriented and corresponds to the therapeutic order. Ensures all documentation is timed, legible and signed. Ensures all verbal or telephone orders are countersigned within seventy-two (72) hours.
- Contribute to the assessment of the health status of patients.
- Participate in the development and modification of a patient's plan of care.
- Perform delegated tasks, activities and functions that are consistent with prior educational preparation and within scope of practice.
- Provide direct basic care to assigned (multiple) clients within the structure of the healthcare program at their facility.
- Provide safe and effective nursing care and assumes responsibility for the care delivered.
- Implements patient education based on established teaching plans.
Benefits offered to the Corizon Health Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
- Paid Time Off
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Tuition Assistance
- 401(k) with company match
- Free online Continuing Education program
- Comprehensive Onboarding
- Mentor and Preceptor Programs
Apply online at [Click Here to Apply] or contact Lupe Ramos at 1- [Click Here to Apply] x 2504
Corizon Health provides patients with high quality healthcare and reentry services that will reduce recidivism and better the communities where we live and work. We are dedicated to meeting the needs of the growing number of incarcerated persons with physical and mental illness and the professionals who care for them. More healthcare professionals are finding the stability and advancement they desire at Corizon Health.
This position may require a background check, security clearance, and/or drug screening.
Corizon Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with federal and state employment opportunity laws, qualified applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability, Vietnam era veteran, or disabled Veteran status.