Environmental Safety And Health Coord
Posted on Nov 17, 2018 by Nike
Converse is the story of a sneaker that started on the court and moved to the stage and street. We're a company ready for change and that's who we hire: the most malleable, the most innovative, and the most creative. Our clothes and sneakers have been worn by rebels, rockers, rappers, artists, thinkers, and individuals. So that's why we hire individuals. So we're speaking the same language.
Who Converse represents is who Converse hires. If you're one-of-a-kind, you should try us on.
As anEHS Coordinatorthe position will provide environmental, health and safety support to the operations and will ensure compliance with corporate, federal, state regulatory requirements. The position is to promote employee awareness of environment, health, and safety through providing support in training and company -wide communication. Perform safety assessments and audits, corrective environment, safety and health violations or hazards. Participate in initiation phase of equipment installation and set -up assist in design for safety, health, ergonomic and environmental principles. Provide technical assistance to departments and to the business units. Build effective relationships with the Operations and Corporate network to ensure consistency of systems. Also assure that all safety and environmental Compliance records are maintained to satisfy corporate, federal, and state or local governments. Conduct accident and injury investigations to identify root causes analysis and eliminate potential hazards and re-occurrences.
- Practice safe working technique and re-enforce the safety policies, guidelines, and procedures as set in regulatory agencies and Company.
- Responsible for assisting in the identification of possible losses; evaluating the risk in such loss exposure; developing and implementing a plan to correct or prevent a loss and audit the plan to ensure its effectiveness.
- Ensure that contractor's personnel working on the property are in compliance with Converse policies and safety requirements.
- Maintain and update safety polices as needed to ensure all safe work practices and equipment and utilize them in the day-to-day training.
- Provide advice, assist, and audit management to ensure that effective EHS is implemented and working. Perform and contribute to the site trainings by conducting employee's orientations; emergency response training; and coordination of OSHA required training programs for the DC's.
- Ensure inspections by regulatory agencies are coordinated and deficiencies minimized and corrected. Coordinate with Director, Facilities Manager on facility deficiencies and monthly safety inspection, maintain all logs and documentation associated with permits and regulatory requirements.
- Assist with maintaining the Site Emergency Response Plans and Procedures.
- Accountable for researching and writing permit applications and work with environmental agencies and be compliant in completing permit reporting requirements.
- The above duties and responsibilities are a representative for the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in Environmental, Health, and Safety role.
Note: Alternatives may be accepted: Bachelor's degree + 1 yrs. Experience, Associates Degree + 2 yrs. Experience
- Knowledge of applicable laws, OSHA regulations, nationally recognized standards and guidelines related to specialized environmental health and safety functions as required by position.
- Proficient computer skills (MS Office, including Excel, Work, and PowerPoint).
- Strong presentation skills, excellent written and verbal skills
- CPR & First Aid Certified a plus
Converse is more than a company; it's a worldwide advocate for self-expression. This belief motivates our employees, permeates our working environment and inspires our products. No two of us look or think exactly alike. We are each one-of-a-kind. Individually and as a culture, we have the freedom to create and grow professionally. Generous benefits packages only sweeten the experience. From Boston to Shanghai, from Brand Design to Finance, Converse is a brand that celebrates the unique and creative people of the world. Together, we're different.