Sports Operation Director
Posted on Nov 19, 2018 by YMCA
The Fort Worth YMCA Sports Complex is looking for a new leader to join the team and support the work of the Y.
YMCA of Metropolitan Fort Worth
Fort Worth, TX
The YMCA Sports Complex is looking for a new leader to join the team and support the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. The Sports Operations Director will lead the development of and implementation of high quality youth sports programs. The ideal candidate must have a demonstrated track record of delivering high-quality youth programs, combine with the ability to manage the administrative components of a youth sports program. Strong organizational and time management skills are necessary to ensure that the participants and families have a high quality experience at the Y. Responsibilities include supervision and training of the program staff along with new and innovative ideas to grow and expand existing programs. This is a full time exempt position. The Operations Director will need to be available to work weekends, as this is when many of the games take place.
YMCA Culture & Cause
Our mission and core values are brought to life by our culture. It's who are, who we aspire to be and how we show up every day. We are cause-driven. We don't just show up, we show up with purpose. As a cause driven leader you are expected to be:
- Welcoming - Accept neighbors eagerly, warmly, hospitably, and as equal participants.
- Nurturing - To care for, support, and help develop through encouragement.
- Hopeful - Take an optimistic or positive view of future outcomes.
- Determined - To devote full strength and concentrated attention to the cause.
- Genuine - To be honest and open in relationships with others.
We act with intentionality to connect people to our cause. Join us and help transform lives!
Education & Certifications: Bachelor's degree in related field. Four or more years of program management experience, preferably in a YMCA or other nonprofit agency. YMCA Team Leader or Multi-team/Branch Leader certification preferred. CPR and First Aid certifications may be required.
Experience & Background: High energy, positive, "can-do" attitude, flexibility, teamwork, and attention to detail and high degree of initiative will help this candidate be successful. The ability to direct programs through leading both staff and volunteers, developing and monitoring of budgets, developing and marketing programs and bringing enthusiasm and a passion for fundraising. A proven track record in developing authentic relationships with others and the ability to establish and maintain collaborations with community organizations. This leader will need the ability to connect and relate with diverse groups of people at all levels of the organization. Bilingual English/Spanish would be a plus.
- Develops, implements, and manages operating plans to promote program and/or sports growth for the YMCA. Executes strategies to ensure that program participants connect with one another and connect with the YMCA.
- Develops and controls department budgets related to the position.
- Recruits, hires, trains, develops, schedules and directs staff and volunteers as needed. Reviews and evaluates staff performance. Develops strategies to motivate staff and achieve goals. Facilitates communication and provides leadership. Models relationship-building skills in all interactions.
- Provides leadership and support to the annual fundraising campaign and volunteer committees/
- boards as assigned. Develops and maintains effective working relationships within the community.
- Assures compliance with state and local regulations. Ensures that program standards are met and safety procedures are followed and emergency procedures are followed per Association Guidelines.
- Ensures high quality participant-focused programs through innovative program development, evaluations and ongoing training of staff.
- Provides executive leadership in the absence of the VP/ED and leads site operation at the Sports Complex.
- May provide ongoing regional and/or association leadership responsibilities for sports. (i.e. facilitate meetings related to sports best practices).
- Significant campaign responsibilities. (i.e. teams organization or community campaign).
- Increased role with the development of branch's board and volunteers, as compared to Program Directors.
- Provides data and reports as required for assigned programs.
Cause-Driven Leadership® Competencies
- Engaging Community: Builds bridges with others in the community to ensure the Y's work is community-focused and welcoming of all, providing community benefit.
- Philanthropy: Secures resources and support to advance the Y's.
- Volunteerism: Engages volunteers and promotes social responsibility at all levels of the organization.
- Fiscal Management: Manages the Y's resources responsibly and sustains the Y's nonprofit business model.
- Program/Project Management: Ensures program or project goals are met and intended impact occurs.
- Developing Self & Others: Develops self and supports others (e.g., staff, volunteers, members, program participants), both formally and informally, to achieve their highest potential.
YMCA Team Leader or Multi-team/Branch Leader certification preferred.
$50,000.00 - $55,000.00
How to Apply
Opens a new window
Resumes Accepted Until