Cost Engineer I, Core Footwear
Posted on Nov 21, 2018 by Nike
The first spark of a product idea sets the Nike, Inc. Footwear Product Creation team into motion. The team of footwear developers, testers, engineers and designers strive for product excellence. They obsess over shoes, while collaborating, ideating and refining the product's construction, fit and style. They use groundbreaking advancements in technology and sustainable design to accelerate innovation. And they work lockstep with Merchandising, Design, Manufacturing and others to produce the final result: products that reflect the soul of sport and inspire athletes to reach new levels of performance.
As a Cost Engineer I in Global Footwear, you will meet the needs of the consumer by driving sustainable product value. Cost Engineers inform, drive and facilitate decisions throughout the product creation process to deliver design vision, athlete performance and Nike's profitability expectations. You will collaborate with Design, Development, Marketing, Engineering, Planning, and Factory teams to actively manage cost drivers and create solutions that achieve product cost targets.
In this role, you will contribute to the evolution of the Cost Engineering function by defining new processes and tools to drive competitive, sustainable and standardized cost parameters. You will partner with Engineering and Manufacturing teams to establish new standards that support best practices. Specifically, you will partner with Asia cost execution and margin planning teams in the creation and support of Nike's strategic costing framework.
This role involves solving complex challenges and bringing new perspective to existing processes and solutions. You will work independently in your Category, leading cross-functional teams to enable new innovations in line with Nike's profitability expectations. Additionally, you will be accountable for cross-functional project initiatives while managing your Category responsibilities.
- Bachelor's degree with a focus in Engineering, Business Management, related field, or 2 additional years' experience in-lieu of degree
- A minimum of 3 years relevant experience, including: footwear development, engineering, manufacturing, or product costing
- Knowledge of footwear construction, innovation, and costing strongly preferred
- Knowledge of footwear sourcing, global processes, and events from product concept to delivery is preferred
- A pragmatic thinker and creative problem solver who can research and drive collective resolution
- Strongverbal and written communication skills
- Ability to maintain a high level of integrity, remain flexible, be results-oriented and work within a matrix' d organization
- Work comfortably in an environment of ambiguity
- Intermediate proficiency using MS Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to travel 5-10% of the time