Crunch Fitness Manager
Posted on Nov 14, 2018 by Crunch Fitness Int'l
Fitness Manager Job Description:
Our Fitness Managers lead a team of Personal Trainers that provide customized fitness programs to our members while educating and guiding them on proper nutrition, cardiovascular exercise, resistance training and attaining a healthier lifestyle. Fitness Managers pair clients with the right personal trainer to be motivated, educated, and held accountable while working towards their fitness goals. By definition, a personal trainer is a fitness professional possessing the knowledge, skills and abilities for safe and effective exercise and fitness program design, instruction and assistance for the purpose of reaching personal health and fitness goals. This career path has a much higher profile than ever before and we are committed to assisting our dedicated and driven staff members in the development of their skills and professional growth.
Sell and Conduct Personal Training with Members -
- Works the floor to assist members and encourages their involvement in personal training.
- Ensures accurate administration of client programs, including dotFIT programs, supplement purchases, measurement tracking, and workout programs. Arrives on time, prepared and attentive for training appointments.
- Assists in revenue generating activities, including but not limited to: complimentary workouts, supplement booths, body fat tables, seminars, workshops, etc.
- Primary driver of selling training sessions. Executes an effective prospecting strategy, conducting guest tours, and responsible for completing sales of staff when needed through the handoff process.
- Responsible for achieving monthly revenue objectives set forth by the company with regards to PT and Supplements.
- Reviews daily club sales performance and individual employee performance statistics and staff members to identify issues and clarify behaviors needed to achieve club sales goals.
- Administers company policies as they relate to the sales process.
Club Administration -
- Sets monthly, weekly and daily goals and objectives. Conducts monthly, weekly and daily meetings with the personal trainers to review performance and operations and offer direction, motivation and guidance toward achieving personal and club goals.
- Handles member service matters such as providing tours of the club, explaining services offered by the PT department and signing a member up for training agreements and appointments. Mediates member issues and complaints in a timely and effective manner, elevating issues when appropriate.
- Performs various administrative and housekeeping duties within assigned areas as needed.
- Alerts the operations staff to repairs and maintenance needs in the club. Personally conducts facility walk through daily.
- Supervises trainer sales activities. Reviews agreements and prepares daily paperwork
- Complies with operational procedures in the club and follows-up with compliance checks through the monitoring of club systems and employee performance.
- In depth knowledge of personal training techniques from assessment to program design.
- Possess a working knowledge of the dotFIT program and software. (In club certification)
- Must be able to adjust and operate all Fitness Equipment.
- Knowledge of company policies, practices and procedures, including emergency and safety procedures
- Understands and follow oral and written instructions. Communicates clearly and concisely.
Minimum certifications/educational level:
- Current dotFIT certification (in club)
- Current CPR/AED
- Current nationally recognized personal training certification.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- 4 year Degree in a related field recognized by Crunch (preferred).
- Minimum of six months of related experience.
- Experience in management/employee relations preferred.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand.
- Physical effort required for daily duties include lifting heavy weights, squatting, bending, reaching, spotting & prolonged standing and walking. Must be able to frequently lift and /or moves up to 45 pounds.
Crunch Fitness is looking for energetic, enthusiastic people that are passionate about health and fitness to join our team.
Looking to combine work, fitness and fun? Crunch Fitness is looking for energetic, enthusiastic people that are passionate about health and fitness to join our team. Working at Crunch is more than a job, it's an opportunity to inspire others to reach their fitness goals. Our 'No Judgments' philosophy attracts a diverse and welcoming group of professionals and makes Crunch an amazing company to work for.
Crunch is a gym that believes in making serious exercise fun by fusing fitness and entertainment and pioneering a philosophy of No Judgments. Our gyms are packed with the latest state-of-the-art cardio and strength training equipment, weight room, full service locker rooms with showers, tanning booths, HydroMassage® bed, and an extensive schedule of Crunch's signature classes including Zumba®, BodyWeb with TRX®, Yoga Body Sculpt, Belly Butt and Thighs Bootcamp, and more.