Posted on Nov 14, 2018 by AEG
The Manager Operations will oversee operations and perform management functions at venues and events throughout the region. The Manager Operations will be responsible for day-to-day operations; marketing shows and working with the General Manager to ensure all event needs are met. This position will work closely with staff to provide a high-level customer service in order to ensure a friendly, safe environment at all events, and work with operations team on developing policies and procedures, assist with planning and cost estimates. Additionally, the Manager Operations will handle daily administration, oversee equipment and supplies inventory, and provide input on venue improvements.
- Responsible for project managing shows. In constant contact with client or tour managers to make sure all needs of the show are met, addressed and resolved.
- Work closely with operations team on developing policies and procedures, assisting in operations planning and cost estimates, and overseeing staff for all regional venues and projects.
- Ensure a high level of customer service, oversee day of show operations at venue and work with staff to create a friendly, safe environment at all events through proper training
- Responsible for the day-to-day office administrative work including staff schedules, timekeeping, hiring, supervising and monitoring of staff performance.
- Ensure all events have adequate equipment and supplies to function properly. Work with GM/Festival Director and other members of the operations team to procure these items at the most competitive price.
- Engage in venue improvements and capital projects by providing recommendations for improvements and working with GM/Festival Director to obtain bids, develop ROI (Return on Investment) analyses, and
- Oversee projects to completion. Ensure venue is ready for opening and reporting any maintenance/supply needs to GM.
- Responsible for day of show settlement, prepare invoices and handle payroll discrepancies.
- A minimum education level of: Bachelor of Arts/Sciences Degree (4-year) in Business Management or related field
- 3-5 years of related work experience
- Previous experience managing private and concert events
- Experience in venue and events operation, tours, including artist communication and settlements
- Computer savvy and proficient in MS Word, Excel, Outlook
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Previous management experience and strong leadership skills
- Strong organizational/ project management skills with the ability to multitask and prioritize work load
- Ability to work flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays
- Music industry and live music experience preferred
AEG reserves the right to change or modify the employee's job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. AEG may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her normal description.