Sportswear Brand Specialist
Posted on Nov 16, 2018 by Nike
Nike, Inc.'s storytellers, Marketing and Communication sets the brand tone. A creative force of specialists tell Nike's stories of innovation and sport through advertising, brand strategy, digital engagement and product presentation. Using channels ranging from retail stores to social media, Marketing & Communication teams connect the science and art of Nike innovations to the hearts and minds of athletes around the world.
As Brand Specialist, Nike Sportswear, you will be responsible for providing brand management, product knowledge, and consumer insight for Nike Sportswear's footwear and apparel franchises.
Based in Beaverton, you will support the creation and implementation of strategic brand plans that fuel consumer demand, strengthen the Nike brand, and shape our connection with consumers and athletes across the globe by partnering with key geography and city teams. Impact of this support should drive brand impact and business results.
You will partner with category leadership on the implementation of product stories and innovation, marketplace strategies and actively participate in cross category/cross functional initiatives through the lens of Nike Sportswear.
- Assist in the development of long-term strategic franchise brand plans.
- Be part of an integrated, x-functional seasonal brand offense that will impact overall brand and business growth.
- Coordinate the seasonal direction for the Global Marketing functions & Geo Marketing teams for a cohesive execution of product launches and seasonal initiatives.
- Partner x-functionally with product team, merchandising, marketplace, and geo team to ensure product, consumer & athlete are at the forefront of all strategic planning and execution.
- Own seasonal reporting and internal recaps
- Prioritize effectively to execute tasks and work streams within a fluid environment
- Manage product year-round, following Nike's product security protocol
- Support the development of seeding journeys, coordinating timelines for activations
- Manage buys and monitor inventory / sample closet
- Liaison between Marketing and Merch/Sales functions for tech specs and key innovations
- Know and engage our consumer to provide valuable insights and ensure initiatives are driving brand success.
- Gather intelligence on our consumer via industry reports, market visits, and discussions on campus to fuel smarter, more targeted plans.
- Assess consumer feedback on social to uncover meaningful trends and identify friction points in the consumer experience
- Monitor movements of our competitive set to deliver thoughtful implications for the category
- Bachelors degree in Marketing, Business, Communications or related discipline
- 2+ years of relevant work experience in the area of Brand Marketing in a related industry (footwear, sport, style, culture) or advertising/digital agency.
- Thorough understanding of consumers and ability to connect with them through a sport and cultural lens
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite: Keynote, Outlook, Powerpoint, Word and Excel
- Passion/expertise for sport and youth culture
- Strong understanding of digital technologies, trends and social media landscape