Demand Planner - America
Posted on Nov 14, 2018 by Nike
The Nike, Inc. Supply Chain team is the engine that propels product around the world. Supply Chain experts ensure that every year, almost a billion units of footwear, apparel and equipment arrive at the right place, at the right time. To ensure this complex job goes off without a hitch, Supply Chain teams work with a network of more than 50 distribution centers, thousands of accountants, and more than 100,000 retail stores worldwide - making the impossible happen every single day.
At Nike, we serve athletes. Fueled by the insights of the world's best, we design and create products to elevate human potential on a global scale. And it's on us, the Global Operations Team (GOT), to help bring this mission to life.
We are a diverse lineup of thousands spread across the globe. Together, we are building a smarter, more connected and automated value chain. And we are looking for world-class talent like you to contribute to this journey.
As our Demand Planner with Demand and Supply Management (DSM) organization, you will manage the demand forecast for improved accuracy and reduced volatility. You will identify issues and opportunities to improve key demand planning metrics. You will partner with Inventory Planning to drive operational metric improvements. You'll also ensure consistency and standardization across our demand planning landscape when appropriate.
You will deliver meaningful demand analysis and insights to business leadership and cross-functional partners. You will work with cross-functional stakeholders to drive change, and ensure follow through on the execution of plans. You may/will develop demand forecasts used by Sales, Merchandising, Sourcing and Supply Planning teams to drive critical business processes.
- Bachelor's degree and a minimum 2 years work experience in buying, merchandising, demand planning, inventory management, production planning, or financial planning
- Experience using SAP/APO, Cognos, or other advanced planning systems is preferred
- High level of proficiency of MS office, including Excel and PowerPoint
- Detail oriented with strong analytical, organizational and problem solving skills
- Strong information seeking skills
- Ability to resolve conflict and manage multiple priorities
- Demonstrated experience influencing people and teams
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to build strong working relationships with cross functional and category partners
- Experience in a wholesale apparel, footwear or equipment organization is preferred