Sr Creative Dir, Global Brand Design
Posted on Nov 20, 2018 by Nike
Nike, Inc. designs the future. At Nike, designers chase their curiosities and build what's next, shaping the culture and advancing human potential. The Design teams include artists, inventors and specialists, all with different focuses, including color and material experts, and apparel, footwear and graphic designers. Nike designers look to the future, aggressively pursuing materials, ideas and forms that further elevate the athlete experience, raise the bar for modern style and reduce environmental impact.
Executes the creative vision for category and cross-category Brand initiatives through Brand Design in a way that supports premium Nike Brand consumer experiences, the Nike Brand Ethos and Maxims. Elevates the consumer brand experience through superior brand appearance of product, communications, collateral materials, digital and retail.
F ocuses on the consumer facing Brand experience of product, communication, digital, retail and collateral materials. Designs and directs all aspects of the look and feel of Brand experiences at all end-in-mind consumer touch points in partnership with Brand Marketing, Categories, and Global Design. Acts as a creative shepherd of the Nike Brand.
- Directs teams and sets direction for teams and management that align with company, departmental and functional goals. Coach staff, creates opportunities for staff development, and make decisions on hiring, performance management, recognition and awards. Address talent planning needs and challenges within area of responsibility or within pipeline to ensure future growth and/or profitability. Ensures appropriate staffing and skill mix.
- In partnership with VP of Brand Design develops and provides short and long term vision and design strategy for category and cross-category Brand Initiatives in collaboration with Brand Marketing, Brand Creative, and Category leadership. Develop and maintain understanding of the business goals and values. Share outcomes and provide motivation and inspiration to Design Directors, design staff and Marketing teams.
- Oversees creative direction and review projects, goals, and team mission relating to category and cross-category initiatives and design strategy. Responsible for creative and design integrity as well as ensuring continuity. Connect the dots across the Nike matrix to ensure design teams deliver on a consistent, collective design message.
- Determines innovates and evolves global creative design philosophy and strategies. Ensures Brand Design integrity encompasses innovation, quality and premium experience. Reinforces, communicates, inspires and influences all concerns and interests to the and on behalf of the Brand Design team.
- Builds, directs, leads and develops innovative leading edge Brand Design solutions that establish fresh directions and/or create new market opportunities for Nike products in collaboration with Nike Brand Design team. Creates an atmosphere that fosters innovative thinking, collaboration and teamwork.
- Develops and maintains an understanding of global, geography design business goals and values. Works collaboratively to enhance design and divisional effectiveness. Participates in interdepartmental and category brand strategy sessions, provides connective leadership to input into functions executing Brand Design directives and vision.
- Bachelor's degree in Graphic, Architectural or Industrial
- Design, with 10+ years of brand design experience demonstration creative sophistication in concepts and design. In-depth knowledge of product, consumers, technology and production. Experience in Geographies helpful. Comprehensive knowledge of design processes.
- Advanced knowledge of computer design applications.
- Thorough understanding of effects and interrelationships in design and in the Nike matrix. Knowledge of human resource policies and procedures. Exceptional knowledge of entire design process from conceptualization to production. Balanced strategic creative and business thinker who can manage relationships across the matrix.