Inventory Management Ops Analyst
Posted on Nov 18, 2018 by Nike
The Nike, Inc. Supply Chain team is the engine that propels product around the world. Supply Chain experts ensure that every year, almost a billion units of footwear, apparel and equipment arrive at the right place, at the right time. To ensure this complex job goes off without a hitch, Supply Chain teams work with a network of more than 50 distribution centers, thousands of accountants, and more than 100,000 retail stores worldwide - making the impossible happen every single day.
As our Inventory Management Ops Analyst, you'll be a critical cross-functional voice to ensure North America has the right inventory, in the right amounts, at the right time. You will create and present inventory reports for our North America Fulfillment network, making data consumable across the organization. Additionally, you will participate on projects and strategic initiatives, using analytics to assess and root cause key performance indicators, helping improve Nike Operations cross-functionally. As a valued member of our global inventory community, you will also create, share, and adopt 'best practices.' Other responsibilities will include driving improvements in reporting tools and collaborating with stakeholder teams on issue resolution.
- Understand key business drivers, and use this understanding to create analytics tools that will enhance the monitoring, reporting and analysis of inventory-related metrics
- Provide commentary and analysis regarding changes in inventory KPIs, using relevant data points and standard procedures to assess root cause, and propose solutions and improvements
- Using your subject matter expertise:
- Develop reporting tools to provide Inventory Mgmt. Ops with better insights into performance indicators.
- Ensure accuracy and timeliness of data, analytics, and reporting
- Identify potential opportunities in existing operations processes; i.e. monitor inventory adjustments and ensure proper managerial approvals timely are provided
- Research and respond to requests from internal and/or external customers, either independently or with assistance from others as needed
- Collaborate with Operations and Controlling teams to develop and/or influence Global Accounting and Operational policies (e.g., recognition and existence of inventory, accounting inventory policy, and operations best practices), transaction processes, systems, controls and compliance.
- Embrace LEAN and demonstrate our culture of continuous process innovation and improvement. Design and build tools to help drive the accuracy and efficiency of our inventory processes
- Build & maintain strong partnership across many internal stakeholders to drive business results and resolve issues
- Collaborate with global business partners to ensure Nike, Inc. maintains key advantages in forecasting and analytics
- Consistently develop skills through training and mentorship on a regular basis
- Build and achieve consensus when discussing and presenting opportunities
- Own, escalate and resolve issues quickly
- Positive, can-do attitude that lifts the collective team
- BS in Accounting, Finance, Business, Supply Chain, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management or Statistics, or related field
- 2-3 years of proven working experience as a data analyst or business data analyst or related work experience
- Technical expertise regarding data models, database design and data mining
- Strong knowledge of, and experience with, various database platforms, including Oracle, Teradata, DB2 and SQL server, as well as solid experience in SQL scripting is strongly preferred
- A love for analytics and data, and experience with analytical tools such as Tableau and Alteryx, business intelligence tools such as Cognos BI or Business Objects, is a strong plus
- Familiarity with warehouse management systems and data, and of ERP systems, is a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Access, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Understanding of retail value chains, inventory processes, and operations preferred
- Demonstrated ability to work under tight deadlines in a team environment
- Interest in telling stories, both written and verbal - adept at developing and presenting findings to a variety of audiences
- Curious and self-motivated, dedicated to improving one's self and the organization