Software V&V Engineer
Posted on Nov 21, 2018 by Johnson & Johnson
Software V&V Engineer(Job Number: 00001DNC)
Johnson & Johnson is currently recruiting for a Software V&V Engineer. This position can be located at any J&J operating site in the United States. However, a strong preference will be given to those located in Cincinnati, OH, Somerville, NJ or Mt. View, CA.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products, and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
Medical Devices represents more than 60 manufacturing sites and 26,000 employees who plan, source, manufacture and deliver high-quality and cost-effective medical products to our customers around the globe each day. Work of the MD organization supports a multitude of product platforms, new products and delivery systems that are used in a wide range of procedures throughout the healthcare industry, including interventional cardiology, electrophysiology, minimally invasive surgery, hospital sterilization, clinical laboratory testing, diabetes management, joint replacement surgery and vision care.
If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
The IT R&D Product Innovation group's mission is to reach more patients and restore more lives by innovating and enhancing Johnson & Johnson's medical device products. We are looking for a talented and self-motivated Software V&V Engineer drive the strategy and execution of our new hospital digital connectivity ecosystem. The ideal candidate will have a passion for automated testing, excellent communication skills, and enjoys getting into the details.
When you join us, you will take on the following challenges:
• Create the strategy and execution of the digital connectivity ecosystem including the IoT architecture, virtual field gateway, IoT applications, and data integrations to internal systems
• Implement an automated testing strategy including black box and white box testing
• Establishing a test-driven development culture within the scrum teams
• Establish a static code analysis methodology and rhythm within the scrum teams
• Manage and oversee all levels of testing including unit, system, load, integration, regression, verification, and validation testing
• Partner with J&J cybersecurity to coordinate the execution of penetration testing
• Create and manage test plans for each release
• Partner with Product Quality to deliver the required artifacts for each release - test plans, test evidence, protocols, requirements traceability, known anomaly reports, etc.
• Recommend and implement V&V tools such as test case repositories, bug tracking systems, and dashboards and reports
• Coordinate across multiple scrum teams and independent digital products to create an integrated V&V plan
• Contribute to software design and the development of new SOPs to ensure compliance while enabling speed to market
• Partner across multiple operating segments including Application Development, Product Quality, Infrastructure, Cybersecurity, Privacy, and Information Security to realize the digital connectivity ecosystem vision
• Continually drive product development towards an MVP that balances between user needs, business objectives, resource capacity, and technical feasibility
• Partner with the R&D Product Development organizations to understand their connectivity needs, help prioritize investments, develop use cases, generate processes, and develop overall solution requirements including application definition, integration, security, and system configurations
• Lead virtual teams, manage project schedules and launch innovative new connected medical device products following software delivery processes
• Manage requirements from different directions, always orienting yourself to the concrete needs of the patient
• Bachelor's Degree required in IT or a related engineering field
• Master's degree in the field of computer science, engineering, or a related technical field is preferred
• Minimum of 3 years of experience with test-driven development methodologies is required
• 5 years of hands-on experience managing automated testing is required
• 3 years experience as a V&V leader for digital products is required
• Strong knowledge of software development or engineering processes is required
• Understanding of Agile SCRUM methodologies is required
• At least 5 years of practical work experience in an IT, engineering, or related technical field is required
• Experience with highly scalable REST web services is required
• Experience with HTTP and TCP/IP is required
• Experience with IoT protocols such as MQTT and AMQP is preferred
• Experience leading V&V for Class I, II, or III medical devices or related life sciences based digital product is required
• Experience in a life sciences/healthcare organization is required
• Up to 20% travel, domestic and international is required
• This position can be located at any J&J operating site. However, a strong preference will be given to those located in Somerville, NJ, Cincinnati, OH or Mt. View, CA
• Experience with Wireless Edge Access Protocols (WAN, LAN, PAN, Mesh) such as LoRA, Wifi, RFID, Bluetooth, zwave or others is preferred
North America-United States-Ohio-Cincinnati
Other Location: North America-United States, North America-United States-California-Mountain View, North America-United States-New Jersey-Somerville
Depuy Orthopaedics. Inc. (6029)