Associate, Finance Operations
Posted on Nov 17, 2018 by New York Life Insurance Company
A career at New York Life offers many opportunities. To be part of a growing and successful business. To reach your full potential, whatever your specialty. Above all, to make a difference in the world by helping people achieve financial security. It's a career journey you can be proud of, and you'll find plenty of support along the way. Our development programs range from skill-building to management training, and we value our diverse and inclusive workplace where all voices can be heard. Recognized as one of Fortune's World's Most Admired Companies, New York Life is committed to improving local communities through a culture of employee giving and service, supported by our Foundation . It all adds up to a rewarding career at a company where doing right by our customers is part of who we are, as a mutual company without outside shareholders. We invite you to bring your talents to New York Life, so we can continue to help families and businesses "Be Good At Life." To learn more, please visit LinkedIn , our Newsroom and the Careers page of .
New York Life's primary distribution channel is the career Agency sales force of more than 12,000 agents, operating in virtually every major city in the United States. Every agent is affiliated with one of our 117 General Offices. These offices are operated by Agency management teams responsible for agent and management recruiting, development, and sales. Approximately half our agents operate their businesses out of our General Offices, while the other half maintains independent office locations.
Our General Offices are divided up among four Zones. In addition to our Zone offices, an Agency Home Office team responsible for strategy, finance, administration, standards, training, marketing and communications supports our agents and field managers. The Agency operation also comprises teams charged with growing our business in key market segments, including the middle income market, the advanced (high-net-worth) market, select cultural markets, and the women's markets. Agents sell individual life insurance, individual annuities, and long-term care insurance products, as well as mutual funds.
- Responsible for handling enrollment and overseeing the accuracy of agent compensation.
- Analyze compensation expenses versus projections and seasonal budgets.
- Explain complex Compensation Plan Rules to Agency Field Force and Management.
- Prepare quarterly inter-departmental report illustrating compensation for high producing Agents and assist with various other quarterly and annual reports.
- Assist in projecting costs associated with special Agent Bonus Incentives throughout year.
- Extract large volumes of data used to populate monthly Expense Tracking Database.
- Provide management with recommendations regarding process improvements.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Minimum of 2-4 years of relevant experience
- Strong Excel and Access skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Familiar with Mainframe TSO, Fuels, Marketer and Ledgers
- Ability to run queries in Mainframe TSO
- Knowledge of Agent Compensation Plans
- Experienced with accomplishing multiple tasks and high volumes of work under strict time deadlines
- Ability to work independently
- Knowledge of Oracle Toad a plus
If you have difficulty using or interacting with any portions of this Web site due to incompatibility with an Assistive Technology, if you need the information in an alternative format, or if you have suggestions on how we can make this site more accessible, please contact us at: .
Associate, Finance Operations