Senior Software Engineer - Java/Spring Boot
Posted on Nov 14, 2018 by Confidential
Location: Glen Allen, VA
Duration: 3months +
This position services as an expert technical and industry resource to management, clients and development staff in new uses of information technology and in all phases of major system and subsystem development.
Provides consultation on internal and industry IT technical and business process capabilities including leadership in the identification and recommendation of new IT opportunities.
Formulates, contributes to, and directs task identification, work effort estimates, and work schedules for research, prototype, and proof-of-concept IT activities. Directs and participates in software/hardware releases and installation tasks.
Must possess the following essential Skills:
- Spring Boot Microservices
- REST API development
- Advanced Java Development experience
- AWS Cloud Computing experience
- React.js experience (If not, Angular.js experience would help)
- Is proficient at automated testing strategies, including TDD
- Understand advanced concepts of Containers, Micro-Services, Continuous Integration
- Understand Cloud computing concepts and how to build Cloud deployable application
- Perform load and performance testing on the application and do regular performance tuning
- Analyze problems and program in two or more programming language/platforms.
- Understand and develop functional and non-functional requirements for a system.
- Work with multiple programming frameworks.
- Develop, test and maintain code using software development methodology and appropriate technologies for the system being used.
- Integrate systems to databases and other applications using Middleware such as SnapLogic and consume or produce SOAPor REST based services, etc.